A friend asked me out as a thank you?

There's a guy I've known for a few years but we never really talked much until recently and we've become friends. He told me he was having issues with his car so I told him if he needed a ride he could ask me. That was a few weeks ago and last week he did. I didn't think much of it, then a couple days ago he called me (I was thinking for another ride) but instead he just asked how I was and then he was he appreciated the ride and then said he wanted to take me out. He seems kind of shy so I wondered if he was using the ride as a way to ask me out. I'm not sure how I feel about him (as friend or more than friend) but that's what dating is for. Now I am getting nervous because I really don't date much and I'm not sure if he is seeing this as a friend date like a thank you or if he is actually thinking of it as a date date. I may not find out until the actual date I guess. I'm someone who doesn't like unknowns... which is why dating has always been a struggle for me.

Most Helpful Guy

• Taking someone out to thank them isn't as strange as you think. However, when it comes to dating, it's possible that he may have seen you in a new light. I've done the same thing with a girl who I sort of known (not really friends). She helped me out and I offered to take her out for a thanks. Ended up liking her and later asked if I could take her out on a 'proper' date, to which she accepted. Just have fun since you deserve to get taken out

Most Helpful Girl

• Just relax!

What Guys Said 1

• Well you'll just have to wait and see.

What Girls Said 1

• Seriously.. Just what have you got to lose by accepting his offer.. Life can be full of nice and unexpected pleasures you know.. Go on, you're a big girl now.. Do It. :)