What to do about going to college with boyfriend?

My boyfriend and I have been together for more than a year. We met in college. In a year or so, I plan on transferring to a university.
The problem is that he doesn't seem to have some sort of goal of his own. We are both majoring in arts, but our ambition for it are on different levels. I know what I want to go for and I have an idea what I want to achieve. This college where I want to transfer to has always been my dream to go to since high school. However, my boyfriend wants to go because I told him where I want to go. His dream is to have a family. As far as his career goals goes, he's not sure. He doesn't even put effort and time into working and honing his skills. He just spends his time playing video games or hanging out with friends when he can. I put a lot of energy into what I do, and I don't want to be dragged down by someone who isn't motivated.
I so love him, but I feel like I'm being suffocated. I tell him that I would not be able to provide his dream of having a family, because I don't want kids. He still tells me he wants to be with me. I tell him the colleges I would like to go to, and he says he'll go with me. I feel like he doesn't have any goals of his own, and he's just trailing along mines. As much as I do love him, I cannot see myself with someone who doesn't have an ambition of his own. What should I do? Just wait out the relationship until it's time to break it off or end it so it doesn't seem like I'm leading him on.

by the way, he's nice and sweet. He's so supportive, but it bugs me when he has his focus on video games and things that are not important.

What Guys Said 1

• perhaps he just needs more time or maybe you could show him some opportunities that may be available to a guy interested in video games pursuing an art degree.

What Girls Said 1

• Break up with him. Judging by the things you said, your relationship is already over.