Girls, do you think most guys could do better with girls if they placed less emphasis on looks as a basis for the match?

Guys place a lot of emphasis on looks as a basis for pairing with girls. For example, guys will often look at a very attractive girl and automatically think that she wouldn't be interested when, in reality, that girl might really like the guy. The converse is also true. Guys will sometimes overlook a girl who isn't the most attractive but who might be a great match for him. I have personal experience with this. I met a girl several years ago and we became friends quickly. I didn't consider her until later on when I realized how great she was and actually how sexy she was. We ended up having an unreal sex life that was better than I could've imagined.

5

Most Helpful Girl

• I think it would definitely help guys who are not generally looked at as attractive to find someone. Most of the time when you talk to a guy with low self esteem that thinks he's ugly he goes on about how no girl wants him except when you spend more time talking to him you realize no HOT girl wants him. If the guy had spent more time going for girls that were more humble looking he could have had a girlfriend all along.

• I don't think much would help the guys you describe. No girl wants an unattractive guy. They're even less desired than unattractive girls, sad to say.

I'm really talking about guys who have options, the kinds of guys who can get girls but often make bad choices. These guys either talk themselves out of approaching the hot girl because they think she's too good, or they pass by the average-type girl even though she may be the best sex partner he'll ever have.

• oh well this mindset still could help guys looking to find something real in terms of a long term relationship because it opens a wider range of selections for him to choose from when it comes to a long term partner.

• I agree. I just think most guys make a lot of assumptions about girls that aren't true. I used to do the same thing until a female friend told me that there were several really hot girls--girls I thought were out of my league--interested in me at one time.

What Girls Said 4

• Definetly!

• Guys would do a lot better

• Yes obviously. Everyone needs an open mind

• Well, usually the onus falls on guys.

• Yeah, but we're the ones who do all the asking and initiating.

• I guess. I mean I do a lot of asking and stuff just because if I like someone, I'll make a move. But, I do understand dudes have a more society pressure to do the asking and some girls never will ask.

• yes i think so!