What is it like to be attracted to men?

I'm lesbian so I don't understand and quite frankly don't understand how men can be attractive the same way a woman can. I know it's just how it is but I'm just curious. I think it's weird how women aren't attracted to other women, it just seems foreign to me.

Most Helpful Guy

• I like how you're speaking about it from this perspective of "oh those other people over there with their strange ways" even though being straight is the default, you're in a minority and you've been bombarded by the idea of straightness since you were a child (including your own parents).

Anyway, from a subjective standpoint for the purely physical, there's just obviously something very attractive about the sharpness of a good looking male's features, the good jawline, the protective appearance of a taller man and the symmetrical aesthetics of a man with a well-worked on body. The rest is a little more unisex (such as eye colour, hair colour, nose, hair in general, etc). Pic related is a pretty good example of an "attractive" male.

1.bp.blogspot.com/.../henry+cavill.jpg

I don't think anyone would dispute his physical attractiveness, even if he doesn't necessarily possess traits that one person is into.

From a psychological standpoint a lot of women just like that masculine, domineering presence I think certain men bring. Hell, even I get it as as a straight man, if a man who's older than myself looks and acts a certain way it can actually remind me of my own father (which is a positive thing). It's a presence of "yeah, this guy could take good care of me and I want him all to myself."

Frankly, I'm not sure why you would say you say you don't understand why it'd be attractive, surely you don't have to be a lesbian to understand the appeal of protective, caring masculinity? In fact now that I think about it I've MET gay women who understand why someone would be attracted to a man, so I just think you've got personal issues understanding this.

Most Helpful Girl

What Guys Said 5

• Same here, if I was a girl I'd be a lesbian for sure, girls are so damn gorgeous, guy's aren't even in the same league

• The male body is a worm of art and wonders. Have u seen magic mike. Look at the abs and pecs. The strong chin and musclly arms.. how can u not like that.

It Appeals to most woman submission side.

I don't think MOST gay woman have a sub side. Most of them are neutral or Dom's. Very few are sub's.

Dom being masculinity.

Also no homo lol

• I will ask you the opposite. How it is to be a lesbian how do you feel?

• No clue, i ain't gay!!!

• you are lucky to be lesbian , men are all hairy hairy with dangly genitals...

What Girls Said 4

• I'm bi and I understand what you're saying. It's a very different kind of attraction that i have for a guy vs. a girl. And most women can find the beauty and attraction of a woman regardless if they are straight or gay, just some have a desire to persue it further like we do, while others do not, but most can see how obviously beautiful a woman can be, it's almost like art. Very, very different from men...

• Why wouldn't we? After all, attraction to the opposite gender leads to reproduction so how is it weird?

• It's the same for me, but the other way, I just can't understand how anyone could be attracted to a woman.

• You see a man you like and you wonder how it'll feel if they hold you in their strong arms... At least that's what I feel.