Is my girlfriend over reacting when her neighbors kids make fun of her cause her car takes some time to start? should I actually talk to them?

My girlfriend has a crappy old toyota and it usually takes a minute or two to get started. She tells me every day of the week when she leaves for work a group of kids laught at her. I keep telling her it's not big deal, they're kids, they simply think it's funny. Then my girlfriend says it's super emabrassing and that she feels bad because of they car. So what i actually told my girlfriend was "what if you tell them to help push your car and get it started, get them involved at least". She apprently yelled at them and they got scared the last time lol. SHould i go talk to them? and tell them to help maybe instead of laughting?

Most Helpful Guy

• Huh. My first impulse in this situation would be to take a couple weekends to fix the engine and do what I can to make the car not look crappy.

• i tried fxing somethings but in all honesty it's one problem after the other. i think she is getting a car in September so i told her, it's not big deal and so on. It used to be her moms car so yeah, it's seen it's days lol

What Girls Said 0

What Guys Said 3

• guess she was overreactin then since they were just kids... and yeah it'd be a good idea to talk to 'em if she really feels annoyed

• Scare the shit out of the kids and I bet they'll stop

• Your girlfriend needs to gather control over her feelings/ emotions. who cares if you make some kids laugh.

• i know it's what i'am telling her, they're like 10 year old kids, who cares if her car takes a couples minutes to get going, at least she getting a new car this September