Should parents love their child more than their partner?

• They should love their child more
  • they should love spouse more
  • they should love them equally

Most Helpful Guy

• I believe they should be loved equally. But one of the reasons my parents split up is because... my mom loved us more than our dad, and it caused imbalances in the relationship.

I see it too often, and I'm starting to doubt that mothers even have the ability love their partner as much as their children. Something changes in a woman when she has a child, and makes her incapable to love their partner anymore, which is why i doubt i will ever have kids.

That, and the fact that if it came down to it, i might end up putting my partner before my child.

Most Helpful Girl

• Partner but they should not neglect the child.

Balance is key.

• Please don't have children.

• Lol @Unersheep I will not be cruel to my child but I am not going to neglect my husband when I have a baby.

What Guys Said 7

• Your husband can stop loving you and divorce you. Your children will always be yours. You will always be their mother. It is unconditional love. Even if I think that obviously you shouldn't neglect your husband, your priority should always be your children.

• Your children are not entitled to love you, especially if they feel neglected or not appreciated.

• @Zeanobia No, but they can't divorce you. Nobody is entitled to you. If you took good care of them, there is no reason why they would neglect you. If you beat them, don't expect to see them once they reach 18. Don't expect them to take care of you once you are old either.

• Yes , a child should always come before any partner and loved the more
    than any partner a parent takes up with ,

• Yes children are the 1st to 199th on list on priorities then yourself at 200th and then partner at 201st.

• It's a different kind of love. They love their spouse in a romantic way, but they love their kids in a different one (don't know what's it called).
    I voted C.

• A family unit should share the love equally. All members of the family need and are worth equal love. Sadly, some parent (s) favour one child over its siblings, or favour most of them while ignoring one. Shouldn't be parents, in cases like this.

• Equally, or you might lose your husband

• Uhh well you can't romantically love your child. The love is different.

What Girls Said 6

• I feel like a beaver. The beaver (and many other animals) leaves the family unit once of age then starts its own family.

To me, the partner is more important than the parent. You couldn't choose your parents, but you can choose a partner to compliment you and bring life into the world with this person.

Once, I was watching a Keith Urban on what I think was the Oprah show. He said that Nicole was the most important woman in his life and alluded that she was who he loved most. And to me, I feel like your partner is connected to you and there's this essential bond.

However, until your child is old enough to take care of themselves, the parents should understand sacrifice to ensure the child becomes the most capable and whole adult it can be.

I don't know what loving your own creation feels like, and it most likely is instantly life changing. I think I can love each in a miraculous way.

I can understand some people having stronger feelings for their partner just as I can understand someone having stronger feelings for their child. It's not a competition, and if one is not being neglected for the other then that's just how someone's heart behaves. As long as both are dearly loved and given affection, attention, nourishment, and encouragement-there isn't a problem.

• You should try to love both your partner and your child equally, though you should give more consideration to the child considering your partner has a life outside of the family whereas a child's entire life (up to certain ages) depends on you. If you absolutely need to choose which one to love most, then it should be the child, but it's possible to love both equally.

• Those are differently types of love. The one js romantic in nature. The other one family love. It's not the same. You can love both just as much.

• Equally or more... sure.

Not saying all parents are like that though.

• They should love their child more

• Because, what if the dad finds a partner that despises his daughter. He marries her and she becomes her stepmom and is very verbally abusive to her. Don't you think that the dad should love the child more? Instead of his partner or equally? Love is blind... And he's probably not going to see the abuse if he loves his partner equally or more.

• Why can't we just love eachother?