Is a 10 year age difference too much?

• Yes
  • No
I mean in my 20s.

Most Helpful Guy

• The answer is NO. Ten years is not too much. But it depends on the two people and their maturity levels. Some relationships with age gaps really flourish. It works when the younger person is mature for their age, the the older person is also mature but still young at heart. We're seeing more and more couples with age gaps as it becomes more socially acceptable. I've dated significantly older, and there was usually more fun and chemistry involved than when I went out with women my age. It's different for every person though. If you're attracted to someone who is older, then go for it. You may find that your "type" just happens to be older. Or, if you get up there in age and prefer younger, then that's also wonderful.

Don't worry about what other people think. Follow your heart.

Most Helpful Girl

• Under 18: 10 years is too much.
    18 and over: 10 years is fine.

What Guys Said 9

• If you are under 18 yes it is.

• Early 20s?

• It can be difficult - I am not totally against it but I am a bit biased - I was in one with a 10 year gap that didn't work - I don't like dumping all over possible relationship but I would be extra wary of an age gap relationships.

• Yeah, that's what kicks it, if the generation gap between the two can't come to a close or same terms.

• Certainly not. There are no hard and fast rules. If you love each other, then that's all that matters. People who shake their heads or mutter nasty things can get lost!! They don't matter, either. Carry on and enjoy!!

• Age shouldn't matter as long as the rest of the relationship doesn't have too many red flags.

• Well if you are in your 20's he is 10 then yes it's bad. If it's the other way around you're adults it's all good.

• No it's not that bad

• If you're in your under 18, let say 17, he must be 7.. yes, yes that's too young.

If you would be 40 and he would be 30, then it's more appropriate

• I think at your age yes, but put it this way, Jason Statham is with Rosie Huntington-Whiteley and the age gap is like 19 years.

• Are you 10 and he's 20?

• No, it's not.

What Girls Said 9

• I voted yes because I see you are "under 18". Ten years age difference is not really significant once the two people are in their mid twenties and older, but when you are younger, yes, ten years is a lot.

• It is fine at any age of puberty. The only difference is were you raped or not.

• To me - definitely!
    With your age - MOST DEFINITELY.

• You are underaged, so yes it is.

• I mean later on in life when I'm in my 20s.

• Then it is fine because it is legal. :) But it truly depends on your maturity. In some cases it won't work because they are in different stages of life.

• I'd give it to you under or over 18. Puberty starts at 11. 18 is 7 years... so sex at 13 or 14 is a good age for sex. I don't care how many social constructs of people oppose me. I know I'm right. You're parents just don't want to be responsible for you're children and you would have great difficulty being financially successful enough if you were to have a child and be forced to drop out of K-12 school. Problem is boys don't start puberty until age 13. That makes you wonder doesn't it?

• When you're under 18, yes.

• In your 20s, it's fine

• Depends on the ages involved id say

• Yeah I wouldn't date a 35 year old

• My parents have a 20+ year age difference so you're fine (unless you're underage (which you are lml) just be careful and if you can wait until you do turn 18)

• yes if you are underage.

• I'm sorry I should of specified. What about in my 20s?