Guys, what makes a girl "girlfriend" material?

18

Most Helpful Guy

• Sweet and compassionate would laugh at my dorky jokes. Wouldn't have to worry about her flirting with my friends or her co-workers. Obviously helps if my mom likes you, unless you make me very happy then who cares what she thinks... but seriously try and be nice to my mom she did raise me after all

What Guys Said 17

• The biggest thing is attitude, and I dont mean a bad one. Regaurdless of how it may seem sometimes, no one wants to be around a bitch 24/7! Guys who want a relationship want women who realize that its not all about them. Someone who doesn't play mind games, and a woman without a chip on her shoulder.

• She doesn't give off a slut vibe or sleep with you too soon. It's like the shipoopi song from Family Guy "If she waits till the third date then she's your shipoopi."

• Confident, shows self worth, smart, ambitious, successful (job, education), has goals and values. Sexyness, loyalty, cuteness etc.

• Mastering the martial arts :-)

• comfortable with male vulnerability and not concerned with boxing me in to gendered behaviours. is a source of strength, someone i want to emulate. cuddly. open sexually.

some of these are pretty tall orders lol. so i will be happy with a few plus any other unexpected great things you can find out

• Pleasant and not a slut aka she's sheen less then three dicks.

• High degree of intelligence, a glance at her GPA is enough to verify if we go this route. I think I'm about an 8.5 on average in looks so between 7 and 8.5 is perfect for her looks. Loyalty ranks equally important separate from the other features no doubt. Has a job and is very socially conscious. Pretty much all!

• Slender/attractive face and takes relationships seriously

• Well if she really likes me and not into playing stupid games, I should feel comfortable around her...

• Don't be a slut and you're fine.

• If a girl wears a conservative dress then she is girlfriend material. The others that wear slutty dresses get the worst guys.

• Big boobs, duh lol

• How much BBC she's taken.

• Ass and tits

• A girl that is loyal and doesn't Cheat and can talk to other boys and have a genuine conversation with them without you having to worry about her flirting or cheating. A girl that would stay by me even if I wasn't feeling sociable sometimes. And also a girl I could share everything with, get along easy, be comfortable with and have awesome sex too

• Her personality, basically. I search for a girl who isn't boring, and who I can spend time with. Also that has the same values and ideals, like the family, the education, etc.

• There's no such thing. Being a girlfriend or not depends on how much the guy cares about you.

When guys are the type of guy that talk about "girlfriend material" they are the type of guy who is selfish. Guys of this type prefer to date casually because it gives them more sexual freedom. They prefer to date casually and fulfill their needs for companionship whenever it suits them. They talk about "girlfriend material" because what they're really saying is "this girl is so fine she's worth committing to." That's not a normal way of thinking about commitment -- it's the way a guy who is selfish (usually as a result of being immature) thinks about it.

My advice if you're interested in a guy who talks this way is not to give it away to him easy. Falling into the position of a girl that he can take for granted is exactly how you're not going to get him to turn serious. It also probably means he will brush you off and look elsewhere. He's selfish remember? This is not something you can just fix easily... but your best chance is not to give it up, have him be intrigued why and get him to start wanting something more. One other solution is you can just treat it as a casual relationship... just be aware it's not going to go anywhere.

Good luck!