I'm terrified to have sex with my boyfriend?

We're both virgins and we've been together for around a month now. We care about each other a lot, we spend all of our time together and we're each other's best friends as well as boyfriend/girlfriend. We've spoken about the whole sex thing, because I was the one that brought it up and he's never pressured me into doing anything I don't want to do, even when we're at home he doesn't try anything because he knows I'm not ready yet and I mentioned that I wanted to wait and he said he wanted to as well so that it could be special and he didn't want us rushing into it too fast and for it to result as me being turned off him. I know that he isn't just using me for sex and that he genuinely cares about me, plus I do feel ready to have sex with him, but the only thing stopping me is the paranoia that everything is just bound to go downhill from there on. Is there the risk that he could lose interest and respect for me afterwards?

Most Helpful Guy

• If your terrified to have sex than your too young and not ready to have sex , I don't believe your age 18-24 , more like age 15-17 at the most sorry

• Sex doesn't bring one closer together that is bullshit,

• Yeah we're both 17, I accidentally clicked the wrong age group when I signed up and couldn't change it haha

• It's all cool no problem

Most Helpful Girl

• I had the same worries when I was considering sex with my boyfriend at the beginning of our relationship. I was very young, we were both freshmen in highschool. I ended up going through with it about 6 months into our relationship. It wasn't an amazing experience because it was a little bit painful, however it wasn't awkward at all and he was very nice and supportive. We are now seniors and enjoy sex way more 😂😊. Anyways, moral of the story, if you care about each other as much as you say you do, it shouldn't be an issue. Sex brings two people who are in love closer. Take it from someone who has experienced it first hand 😊

• Sorry I didn't address this part, but I'd wait a bit longer than a month. That's a bit early on for any real kind of sexual contact...

• Thankyou! this was really, really helpful :) I'll take your advice x

• Welcome 😊😊

What Guys Said 3

• if you feel that way then that means your not ready, and dont praise him for not pressuring you, a month isn't that long. just put it out of your mind for now and enjoy what you have,

you won't regret it. however say you do it and you break up later (doesnt matter how long after) , then you will likely regret it, I've heard that story so many times about how girls and guys wish they waited, and its now just sickening to hear, there so sad they cry sometimes.

• I know for sure that I wouldn't regret it with him, it sounds cliche but he's a wonderful person with good intentions, I agree that I might not be 100% ready and might just be convincing myself that I am though. Thanks for the advice! :)

• np and tbh i hear the cliche to, everyone thinks there guy/girl is wonderful, if your not 100% or going to regret it , its good your putting thought into it. wishing you the best

• No most people get closer and makes them feel connected u will trust each other more than ever it will feel crazy good getting this first time out of the way

• It's only been a month. Hold off on that. For a good half year at the very very least. Trust me.

• That's how long he wants to wait

• That's good. Then wait that long. Your fear will go away over time. Hopefully.

What Girls Said 2

• I had the same worries with my boyfriend
    He's a virgin too, he will not want to move on after he's slept with you, he will cherish it just like you will.
    If you're uncomfortable you don't have to do it. And he said he wants to wait too and that's never a bad sign! When you want to maybe move things along try cuddling that turns into grinding and groping and see how you both feel about that.

• Thankyou so much! this helps a lot -- when I mentioned wanting to wait I think he thought I meant until at least next year and he feels super comfortable with that, so I know he isn't in it for sex or anything like that which relieves me. Whenever we've done the cuddling thing it's always made me just want to have sex with him right then and there because it feels so normal with him, if you know what I mean?

• I'm just worried that it might be too early and I'm paranoid it's going to ruin things between us because from what I've heard with other relationships, when they've had sex too quick there started to be a lack of respect and love, but I know not to compare other relationships to my own and that every couple is different, I'm just extremely paranoid that I could mess something up

• With the actually having sex bit I'm completely comfortable with, especially because I'm already so close with him and everything feels right

• A month? I don't even touch people that I have been daring that long now and I have been around the block a few times. The thing to remember us this is the ONE time you remember for the rest of your life pretty vividly, so make it count.