Would you ever date someone who has been obese before?

I just went on a 85 pound weight loss journey, and I am now curious to know the answer to this question. Be honest and be brutal.

Let's pretend that they have the best personality, ( I'm playing pretend here to focus on this one thing.), and sexually, emotionally, and mentally you clicked together.

Physically they are now healthy, fit, and have turned their lives around, but would the past hold you back?

• I just want to see the results.
  • I definitely would!
  • I definitely wouldn't!
  • Maybe. * LIST REASON IN COMMENT THINGIE PLEASE*

Most Helpful Guy

• 1st congratulations on your achievement. Especially at such a young age.

I'm obviously a lot older. The thing that would be on my mind is her dedication to keeping the weight off. I'm sure you will. Right or wrong I'm sure you can see the difference in peoples attitude towards you. I'm also sure you can just feel the energy you now have. The things you can do now & couldn't before.
    That may be incentive enough to stray fit.

Most Helpful Girl

• Sure, I would. It's not like they're obese now and the dedication it takes to lose 85 lbs is really inspiring, so it's not just that they're more attractive now, it's also about how determined and dedicated they must be to have done that. It's impressive, so well done :)

What Guys Said 6

• I've never dated anyone really obese before but I have dated a couple girls who have been overweight.

To answer your question sure I'd admire that about them. I go through periods of weight loss and weight gain and because of my Hashimoto's disease I've put on some weight recently. I gotta start running everyday like I used too!

• I've lost 80lbs myself, so I would hope that my time was not wasted.

• Girls who have been fat but over came that have one of the best qualities... humility which many girls today are lacking.

• The past is in the past, I don't care what anyone did in the past.

• If they were able to go from being obese to healthy then they would be able to help me lose a few pounds. (I am "skinny fat")

• I would! but I do know lots of people who go through radical drops often go through radical gains a few years later... I have done it myself... either that, or now they will be far too active and healthy for me! haha

What Girls Said 2

• I certainly would. No problem at all.

• Sure I would