Ever since I heard this, I've been paranoid?

I'm dating a seventeen year old guy who's turning eighteen a few days before I turn sixteen, we care about eachother a lot and have a pretty mature and good relationship, but I once overheard somebody say "relationships at your age mean NOTHING" and I've been extremely paranoid ever since. I know that we'll last a long time and we speak about things we want to do in the future (involving each other in our plans), but do you think a relationship at this age can't mean something? Do you honestly believe you have to be of a certain age to understand what love is?

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 1

• I've been in your same shoes. Talking about the future with a guy I really loved and whatnot. You are old enough to know what love is. But my advice is live in the now. Don't plan the future to much because then you'll be disappointed when things don't go the way you planned. Good luck to you!

• It was really good hearing this! thankyou so much -- it's nice hearing from someone who has been in the same position as me :)