Would I bore a woman to death on a date by talking about science?

I don't have any "normal" hobbies. I'm more into science and academics. Would there be any women out there that could be interested in that stuff on a date or do I need to find something normal to talk about?
None of my hobbies are normal.

Most Helpful Girl

• Not this woman lol. I mean, I want to build a career in it. I'm very interested in science, and medicine. Cell and molecular biology, genetics, biochemistry, microbiology, and biotechnology to be a little specific, and how they relate to personalized medicine and diagnostic tests in oncology, virology, immunology, infectious diseases, etc. I think that kind of work is transforming the lives of patients in amazing ways, and I'm excited to be a part of it.

But yeah, that's my main passion so to speak, but I find other areas of science fascinating as well. I love talking to other scientists/people interested in science. It's always cool to be able to talk about these topics with someone, and have that shared interest.

• I will say though, I usually don't go into an in-depth talk of science while on dates. I mention my interest in it, and if he's into it too, then we can do that. But if someone doesn't know what you're talking about, it can get boring/confusing.

Most Helpful Guy

What Girls Said 5

• Perhaps if you pursued a woman who was a stereotype or a caricature of a real person. Most people are interested in things people they care for are passionate about. To stack the odds in your favour, pursue women in your field or related ones.

• I love science, but on a date I would rather talk about different things, unless you are up for some biology /chemistry stuff.

• I love to talk about science, but none of my friends are into it :( I'm kind of a nerd, when I don't know something I do research on it (it depends on what it is). And I'm also into psychology and sociology and when people hear that they start to freak.
    Anyway, you can't generalize this, not all women have the same interests. If you were asking about a specific woman (and knew her personality) then that would be a different thing. So the answer is it depends on her personality and interests.

• If she doesn't know anything about it, and it feels like you're talking in another language, it would be

• no lol, just dont make most of the convo science or shell think your more interested in science than her lol

What Guys Said 9

• LOL!!! fuck that reminded me of some really funny shit. depends on the girl bro. hahaa

• It really depends on the girl, and if she's into science or not, so not necessarily.

• Let your date talk about herself. Just agree, show empathy if needed, and LOL all her dumb jokes... your on a date homie... your trying to get in there. Unless dating priorities have changed.

• Depends on the woman. Some women love science and would enjoy it immensely. Others would die of boredom.

• I share your pain.

To illustrate, here is an image.
    i. imgur. com/Oy9jEF2. png

On a site like this, I'd estimate 1 in 300 would understand the jokes, and 1 in 50 would be disgusted without understanding the jargon mixed in.

If you can't TALK about statistics during a date, at least you can do them in your head.

• maybe, if she wasn't also into science than probably

• Yes absolutely. You need to talk about restaurants and shit you saw on TMZ.

• Find a girl nerd

• Don't talk about yourself or your interests, dumbass, talk about her. That's what will get you pussy.