My confidence has increased since starting online dating, have any of you experienced this?

So I have never had much luck with dating and women, I am not shy and people tend to like me but I tend to get friendzoned all the time because I like to be friends with a girl and get to know her. I've never been very forward with flirting mainly because I am always afraid of rejection and then ruining the friendship. Because of this I just always assume the girl isn't interested and sometimes I can't tell if a girl is just being friendly or is flirting but I just assume the former so I don't come across as presumptuous.

I am moving to a new city and decided to get into online dating because I don't know anyone there and I don't want to become anti-social just because I don't know anyone. And I have had a lot of success with online dating, or at least getting to talking with girls and getting their numbers. I am not scared to start up a conversation but it really helps knowing that the other person is also interested in you and isn't just being friendly. It has kind of opened my eyes to all the missed opportunities I probably missed over the years. I've had a lot of injuries so I've lost a lot of confidence because of it and I do assume that the girl must not like me. But after being on these sites, it has made me realize that I was really being defeatist in my thoughts. I hope that this will carry over to my actual social life and won't just be relegated to online dating. It has also helped me to actually flirt, legitimately without becoming friends with a girl first. It's helped me to cut out the middle man and jump straight to the point and my intention.

Have any of you felt this when you started online dating? Has online dating boosted your confidence?

Most Helpful Girl

• I haven't experienced that.

Most Helpful Guy

• I'm not good looking online dating doesn't work for me I tried

It's different for everyone. For example, my best friend travels a lot due to his job and has no time for searching a life partner. So he has tried online dating at alltverladies. com. I know that he is chatting with one lady now and I'm happy for him. We'll see what happens further.

What Girls Said 1

• I`m not an active online dater. But my younger brother is boosting his self-esteem through online dating. My bro is a good guy and in real life he has no success among girls. You know, girls at the age of 16-20 like "bad boys", so, he is defying his luck in online dating.

• My bro is like yours! He's been improving his self-esteem via http://www.asiandate.com/ service. I've got his back, cause having self-confidence is very important not only in dating life, but just in life in general.

What Guys Said 2

• It's natural - the more you talk to different girls, the more confident you become. I am currently hanging at dating service with Russian women https://www.bridge-of-love.com/girls-online.html , and this time seems like I met someone really special, very intelligent and attractive.

• Now married. Met my wife from a dating site. Prior to this I enjoyed meeting girls online because I felt I was not good looking enough to find a local girl. Ladies I met online thought I was good looking so yes online dating paid off for me.