Guys, would you consider dating a girl that you are trying to hook up with?

I find that a lot of guys that I'm interested in text me late at night asking me to "hang with them at their house". I know this basically means that they just want me to come over and hook up with them. I'm not really interested in a casual hook up right now so I'm wondering if I asked a guy like this to go on a date with me instead of hanging out at home, would they actually be interested and be willing to go on a date? Guys, when you want a girl to hook up with you, are you willing to put in the effort of dating them or will you lose interest once you find out they want to date you?

13

Most Helpful Guy

• Guys looking to hook up will "date" the girl is he is having fun hooking up. If a girl is easy to hook up with, most guys will simply use her for that and not consider her girlfriend material. IF you want a relationship with a guy that is based on more than sex, then get to know him and find out if he in interested i n you as a person before you have sex. Why do so many young women think that the have to put out in order to get dates? If you all made it a little harder, these guys would change their expectations and maybe show you a little more respect. don't get me wrong, young men are all horny, it is natural, but they do not HAVE to have sex in order to live!

• Yeah I never understood that mentality. It's like telling guys they have to be nice and do anything it takes to get the girl they want. All that does is make them look desperate and look like a pushover.

I mean some girls just want hookups but if you're wanting something serious, maybe you should hold off on sex.

What Guys Said 12

• I think the real question is, are you willing to date a guy who's only interested in hooking up? It's actually backwards thinking in my opinion, You date a girl and later see if you connect on a physical level. You don'l just focus on the physical and hope for something more mental, emotional or spiritual. Its natural to want something more, but again, it's backwards. I guess if you want a straight answer, I shouldn't expect a relationship from a girl that I'm booty calling

• I dont hook up. Its risky and disgusting #BeOnThatHoeShit

• I would if I liked them and I saw us as a match. Generally though, anyone I've hooked up with hasn't led to a relationship and just been a one night stand. I'm not saying it's impossible for a hook up to lead to anything serious, that's just generally what it is.

• I'm not into casual hookups generally.
    If I'm interested in a girl enough to hookup with her, then I like them enough to date them.
    Unless she's a real freak.

• I would, but I know many guys who are only interested in casual sex. Just ask the guy and see, you got nothing to loose.

• Depends if she's done the hook u thing before. If yes id personally be insulted if no then probably.

• if they're not willing to treat you like a queen, find someone else. don't be someone's little whore.

• "Right now."

Ahh, the two little addendum that make every woman ultra-desirable.

"Babe I'm not INTO hookups... Right now."

• General rule is one night stand OR relationship. If they are looking for a booty call, they are almost never looking for a relationship. But one can lead to the other, stranger things have happened, but it's almost never worthwhile. It's a relationship build on a shifting foundation, can't last.

• Well I'm a dater anyway so yeah. Causal hookups tend to end up with me pretty damaged.

• I usually try to date women not just ask them for sex is that a bad thing now days?

• Be patient.. you will find the right person..