If I'm 18 is it illegal to date a 17 years old girl?

If that's the case, it's ridiculous.

Most Helpful Girl

• It's legal to date. However, if you're in the United States, in many states a 17 year old cannot technically consent to sexual intercourse. This includes oral and all that good stuff. Basically if you're inside of her, its probably illegal. In this case, you could be branded as a sex offender if someone decides to press charges for it. Many states however also have a clause about the age gap between the people. That means that because there's only a year between you, it would be ignored as long as she said that she was willingly doing things. Even in places without this legal clause have the basic thinking of "they're teenagers, they're gonna have sex"

Most Helpful Guy

• It's legal to have sex if you're both minors, but the moment one of you is 18 and the other is not, you have to abstain or it's illegal.

Yeah, those western laws are pretty weird. Here, the age of consent is 14, but you can't record the activity or it qualifies as child porn until 18. It's weird, too.

What Girls Said 7

• No it is not.. go for it

• There's usually a little play in that case but I would still avoid having sex with her.

• Uh DUUUHHHH

• umm yer I think so cause she's under age

• It depends on your state. Do some reaserch. Every state is different. I love in KS, and it is perfectly legal to date, but sex is considered rape.

• No, it's not! You're definitely fine 👍🏽 I think it's like when you're 6 years older.

• It is ridiculous, go ahead

What Guys Said 16

• In some places, it's illegal to have sex with a minor. But (assuming you live in the US), many states have certain close-age exemption laws.

Here in Florida, where I live, it is only illegal if the adult is 24 or older and/or the minor is 15 or younger.

• Depends where you are - If the age of consent is 18- It is okay to date but not have sex

• Not illegal to date, it is illegal to have sex with them though. If you think you have self-control enough to not sleep with her then its fine but many guys dont, and they get in trouble.

• It is stupid, though not really an issue when you are that age unless her parents are absolute sticklers

• It depends where you are.

• In the UK, it's legal, because the general age of consent is 16.

• For date age is not a problem, But in the law, It's a problem. It's up to you, I see a lot of older guys date young girls, And young girls date older guys.

• In some states/countries yes. Its kinda dumb. Parents can abuse the law if they hate you.

• Not necessarily, the rules vary but I believe that in some places there is an legally acceptable age difference and in others 17 is the age of consent when it comes to sex.

• It depends on the state/country where you live. Mere dating generally isn't an issue, but the problem comes in where any sexual activity is involved.

• Depends on the state. Hurrr in New Yawk dat would be legal.

• No because that would be stupid. Ex. Boy and girl are dating and they're both 17. The boy then turns 18 on his birthday and is arrested for dating a 17 year old.

You see how stupid that sounds.

• Date no.
    Have sex with, depends on the laws in your jurisdiction.

• Not in my country.

• What state do you live in

• Yep, illegal. Don't have sex or you'll go to prison.

• Depends on the laws in your area.