Guys, Should I give it a try or friendzone him?

You know how there is no such thing as a guy/girl best friend because one always likes the other or some other thing happens, but my best friend just told me he liked me. He asked me if I felt the same way, I said honestly no sorry. He wants me to give it a chance, but I don't know. Should I or just give him the sorry brutal friend zone? If you can list some pros and cons please.

5

Most Helpful Guy

• That perception is a bad one. I have had many female friends married and unmarried. It's pretty simple and easy to do, just consider them like a sister. Many people think that love can only mean relationships, but that is just not so. You can love someone and only ever be their friend.

Ask him to consider if he's misplacing his feelings for you. Talk to him about why he feels the way he does. Best friends share things like that, if he can't be definitive, then he's mistaken. If he is definitive, maybe he can change your mind. Or maybe you just aren't meant to stay together.

He could be ready for you but you aren't ready for him, or you could have outgrown where he is and what he sees is only part of who you are.

pro/con you both know a lot about each other. The pro in that is it's not a booty call, he knows you pretty well, which is a great way to start a relationship. the con is that you have developed friendship habits. Relationships are so vastly different, but oddly along the same lines.

Pro, you could realize feelings for him you never knew you had because you restricted yourself to thinking about him as a friend.

con, once you start down the relationship path, it's impossible to really get back to a pure friendship.

What Guys Said 4

• The biggest con is if things didn't work out then you not only loose a boyfriend but a best friend as well. The biggest pro is you both know each well already so its no trying to figure each other out. Since you both should know each others likes and dislikes. The main question is if you should give him a shot or not? Im kind of split because their had to be a main reason why you don't like him more then just a friend? Is it his looks? Is he short? Is it his personality?

• I just don't want to lose a great friendship, but thanks for the advice.

• Your very welcome for the advice. Yeah that makes sense about losing a great friendship.

• Give it a try friend zoning is for stuck up egotistical people who think that they are the best

• if you can´t imagine ever finding him attraktive or develop feelings, then you shouldn´t give it a "chance".

• WARNING guys hate it when you friend zone them , and dont think he won't notice it , and he might drift away a bit if you friend zone him. But you can give it a try unless you dont really like him