At what age do you think you should get your first relationship?

Ok so im 14, and i never really thought there was anything weird with not ever being in a relationship but im about to enter high school and i alays seem to find myself "Third Wheeling." At hat age do you think is appropriate to date

• 14-16
  • 15-18
  • 19-21

Most Helpful Guy

• That depends on the individual there is no real cookie cutter answer for that I am afraid. In my experience 15-18 range is the best time to start. Or when a person is mature enough to know and realize what a relationship entails.

Most Helpful Girl

• 18+ Especially for a young girl. Relationships are serious whether you intend for them to be or not. You will find yourself committing DAILY energy, thoughts, effort, and time into relationships. You often find yourself compromising the life you could have as a selfless gesture. If things are not working well, relationships can intensify any bit of stress, anxiety, or depression you experience. As a preteen or teenager, young females are already trying to navigate through the confusing, intense, passionate mingle of hormones. There are already so many factors contributing to low self-esteem. I recall it was 1 in four females who loses her virginity to be liked; to feel important. It’s not a healthy way to utilize your youth. And the results can be DEVESTATING. Depending on who the girl has gotten involved with and how much he’s broken her heart, the relationship may impact her negatively into her 20’s. She may pick up bad habits from that relationship that she NEVER lets go of until she’s a grown woman. It’s most beneficial for young girls to stay goal oriented, focused on nurturing their hobbies, and setting the framework for a happy, harmonious future in the adult world.

Although I didn’t plan for it, I didn’t experience my first relationship until I was 20 years old. I am so glad I waited. Looking back on it, my youth was so refreshingly simple in a blissful way that I don’t think is possible to retrieve during adulthood.

What Guys Said 5

• It is whenever it feels right for you - Don't get a boyfriend because everyone else seems to have one - I would estimate most first relationship happen around the 15/16/17 mark with some older and some younger.

• Whenever teens feel like it. Might as well start learning before it's too late. Unfortunately I am too late.

• Not in high school xD maybe by senior year they start calming down lol but that's when guys are most horny and stupid and they think by pulling out stops pregnancy

• It depends on how mature you are. At 14, I would have been way way way too immature. For most people I'd say not before 18.

• When i was Only 1 year old :-D

What Girls Said 5

• Depends on how you define dating. If it's just harmless 'dating', where you'll mostly be friends, hang around the same crowd but have crushes on each other, 14-15- years old is fine for that. Where the furthest you'll go will be holding hands.

As for your first 'real relationship', for me that was when things get sexual. You should be old enough to understand all the possible consequences (pregnancy, slut-shaming, STI's, etc.) as well as the emotional impact intimacy can have on some people. Around 18/19, once you're out of high school and entering the real world is a good time for that.

• Pshhh, I am a pro at being a third wheel, and even a fifth wheel when I hang out with my two best friends and their boyfriends. I've never had a boyfriend myself. I've never really had a strong desire or need for one. I'll date when I'm ready, and I'm just not there yet.

• Just like me! I'm so pleased I'm not the only one! I was beginning to think I am alone!

• I started at 15 and I think considering how horny I am I probably wouldn't have been able to hold off from dating for very long anyway but people tend to be more immature when they're younger. But I guess it's whatever you want rather than what other people think.

• I'd day at least 16.

• I say 18+

😃