Is he really just being friendly?

Me and my boyfriend have been dating for about 4 months. The other day he let me use his phone and then he walked into the bathroom. Anyway while I had his phone which I needed to text someone since mine was dead. I saw on his messages that he texts this girl and and things seem pretty friendly. Then what my boyfriend says to her is bizzare. He said if I were single I would date you. I was lIke what? He said what? Should I be concerned that he is interested in dating this girl even when he is with me? Or is he just being friendly and making her feel good about herself? But the feeling that was in that text was strong. And just so you all know I am a different girl than the other girl on here in a similar situation as me.

Most Helpful Guy

• Don't know depends how he is with her if the girl is a little self conscious and you know she is shy and not the most confident out of her friends then he was probably makeing her feel better but if she's a major hottie that is confident and gets all the boys then it would seem suspicious. I know girls that said they would date me or shag me to make me more confident even tho they already have a boyfriend but obviously they wouldn't because there just being nice and wouldn't cheat on their boyfriend

Most Helpful Girl

• I would look past the text that he said to the girl.
    For the simple fact that he did mention he was taken.
    So he's not really doing anything wrong.

It's really wrong to snoop through someones phone though... if this is something that leaves you at an unease you should bring it up to him.

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 4

• Sounds VERY suspicious to me.

I wouldn't want a guy telling that to other girls. I don't think that's friendliness... that's pretty much a huge flirtatious thing to say and indirectly a slap in the face to you.

• Hmm I'd leave him.

• He could be just really friendly with the girl, as in thinks of her as a sister and maybe she was having a bad moment at that point.
    However, it wouldn't hurt to casually bring it up with him. Make it known to him that you don't feel comfortable with him making statements like that to other girls.

• Well he isn't single and he's choosing to be with you, but that's still not an ok thing to say. It's hard because you weren't trying to find these messages, but they were still right there. It's a good sign he trusts you with his phone at least. That's a hard one