What's so great about white men?

I don't understand the hype.

Most Helpful Guy

• nothing greater than any other type i guess. some people go nuts over X, some over Y.

i, for example, am attracted to many different types of girls. but i won't date a girl who "only dates white guys" because i dont want to be a fixation, or have to live up to some lofty concept of "what a white man is supposed to be like"

• I have seen so many girls fetishize white men. I'd feel awkward too!

• yeah usually they want you to be like people on the OC or like those guys who act black. so either they want a walking polo shirt or "the streets without all the danger"

in short theyre just as ignorant as youd expect.

Most Helpful Girl

What Guys Said 5

• I am not sure what hype you are talking about. If you live in another country I have heard that white guys have better reputations. I think this is mostly do to the fact that most western countries were women are treated differently tend to be white. In many other countries things such as a man cheating is actually encouraged, and is a way for a man to prove he is a manly man.

Whatever a race a guy is, he tends to create hype about how women like every other race accept his own, as a way to blame his failure with women on his race, as oppose to accepting that it is his fault he is bad with women. So maybe you heard some nonwhite guys whining girls only go for white guys. Stick on this site long enough and you will see plenty of white guys making the same complaints about how women don't like white guys.

Other than this, I really don't know what hype you could possibly be talking about.

• Just personal preference i suppose.

• what makes you say there is a "hype" ?

• At the mostly white school i went to I was considered a little short. At the mostly hispanic school I went to I was considered a little tall. That's about the only difference I can think of.

• There is no hype. We are just men.

What Girls Said 6

• I think everyone has their own type and it's not that they're more superior than others, it's just everyone has a type. x

• in short--- white privilege

• doesn't mean it's right though. people shouldn't be separated by hierarchies based on the colour of their skin in the first place.

• First of all, I'm not dark skinned. I am mixed, so quite often I am exposed to the people that fetishize my type and claim that they will never date a dark skinned girl. They are underappreciated. And no one said that they shouldn't like dark girls. I'm just saying that as a member of the black community, I am constantly hearing how dark girls are ugly and mixed girls are beautiful. Even listen to rap and hip hop music or watch the videos. You often hear them talk about how they want a "light skinned girl" or "redbone". There is a documentary on Netflix I think you should watch called "Dark Girls".

• And I think if anyone would know anything about this topic it would be me. Because I myself am mixed and I grew up around dark skinned women and females in my family, too.

• They are just like any other guy
    So I don't know 😑

• Either personal preference or society

• Me either. They are pastey white, with straw hair, long noses, etc. And a lot of them have the same features and are typical looking. I like my guys with some melanin in their skin. I like men of minority. Not my thing. I don't want a typical looking person that I can find several other people that look just like them.

• they see you trollinnnnn...

you hatinnnnn...

• Umm why is that in quotation. That is not what i said. That is not anything to be jealous of. Hating would imply that it is something that I want, but it isn't. I didn't say they all look the same. I said A LOT of white guys have the same features and are typical looking. Can you not read? You are just a salty privileged white boy that is mad because for once someone doesn't like you or find you attractive. And the long noses, pale skin, hair are all typical European features.

• Half of my family is white. They even admit that they are unattractive. They are typical looking and nothing unique. I don't like typical looking.

• Unfortunately caucasian men and women seem to be what the ideal attractive men should look like in society , so many women and men see them as handsome just because they are white / Caucasian looking.

• They are not bad looking just like there are not bad looking people in other races.

• Obviously in western media - where the majority of population is white - white is the default.

For example: If you go to an Asian country (japan, korea, china) the default will be different.