How important is status and salary in a partner?

On a scale from 1-10, 10 being very important and 1 being basically not caring...

Does it matter if you're considering marrying them too?

• 1-3
  • 4-6
  • 7-9
  • 10

Most Helpful Guy

• I don't really mind. I'd say 3.

One thing that would worry me is that if she makes too much, as weird as that sounds. Many women seem to hate the idea of supporting the man so if the woman can afford a much more expensive lifestyle than me then for us to have that lifestyle, she'd have to support me to some extent. For marriage, I'd prefer if she didn't make much more than me because I believe it would ruin the relationship. I'm not as bothered about her making much less.

What Guys Said 9

• Salary for a girl? Probably not very important.

But, Im sure most girls would like higher salaries from their guy.

• All I care is that they're actually doing something with their lives and that something is respectable. Recognition, salary, that is secondary at best to me.

• I crave an ambition. I would want someone who shares that value with me, someone who wants to make an impact on the world.

• I don't even factor it into my considerations. At all. Granted I do want somebody who has passion about something, I don't care so much for whether that leads to status or wealth.

• less important

• Pretty sure the poll will turn out that girls generally put more value on it than guys.

• Maybe since they usually make less. Or because they're materialistic

• Neither. Just because women generally value it more as they still somewhat want a guy who can provide. Men and women have different attraction cues.

• as a man her financial dont matter to me

• i don't want an uneducated dolt, so no.

• as a man i want to be the provider and her the nurturer of the children.

What Girls Said 2

• Im not running a homeless shelter, he has to contribute with at least around my effort, so if im working full time i would expect him to do the same, I understand if he gets laid off, but then find a new job... life is not easy and its hell expensive.

• There's a big gap between being homeless and making at least what you make (I hope).

Girls always seem much more determined that their guy does 'his fair share' financially while not caring if he makes much more. As if making less than his (female) partner makes a man a poverty stricken failure. Guys don't really mind however.

• I do think most guys, even if they won't mention it here, are afraid to date a woman who makes much more than them, it takes away so of their manhood, lol.

• I suppose so. I think it's become one of those issues where both are put off by it because they're worried the other will grow to hate it.

• i don't care about money but
    having a high rank status is so hot