Do opposites really attract?

To start off I'm a really quiet, shy and chill guy. I was approached a few weeks ago by this girl at the gym. I've seen her around a lot but never said anything. She's very energetic, loud and funny kind of the opposite of me. She started teasing me and flirting with me which led to me getting her number and going on a few dates. Do opposites really attract? I never thought I'd be into a girl thats so full of energy but it seems like we can balance each other out. I can definitely see myself falling in love with this girl even though it's early on.

Moreeeee

Most Helpful Guy

• of course they do, its physics. what you should be figuring out is if you can last with such an energetic girl. in the long run of course. you should ask her what kind of guys she's into. who knows she might like you for your chillness so it calms her down. energetic people can be stressfull and tiring while laidback people seem distant, cold, not up for anything. im like you and sometimes i can tell people are worried about me, even though im completely fine. i just dont see the point of showing energy 24/7

What Girls Said 2

• I think they do.

• yes they do but attracting that kind of person is one thing, it's the keeping up with and maintaining the relationship that's another thing. glad to know i'm not the only one who thinks this way. something that i've known about myself is that i can be very outgoing and i absolutely am attracted to and adore more soft-spoken chill guys

• Thank you! I'm normally drawn to quieter girls but that's slowly changing. A more energetic girl can bring out the best in me, I feel.

• yeah i've noticed that when i'm around a more outgoing guy it almost turns into a competition to see who can be more outgoing which is exhausting and annoying but i find that a more quiet guy is willing to listen to me more and doesn't care about trying to "one-up" me (not that that matters but you get the gist of what i'm saying) don't get me wrong though, there are some guys like yourself that can only handle a certain kind of energetic girl before it becomes too much so it really is just a matter of finding the girl that can truly balance you out as you say. good luck!

What Guys Said 2

• I don't think they really do, or at least only up to a certain point.

• Nope I do not want a dumb, short, slightly skinnier than normal girl.

• As to answer this question truthfully while I think that complete opposites don't attract I think some traits doo.

• Talking about personality not looks...

• Well intelligence is not a a physical trait, but to your question I do think that some people pursue personality's that oppose each other to a certain degree.