Guys, Does this mean I have no chance?

My boyfriend broke up with me three months ago. We are in the same group of mates so it's a bit awkward. The whole time I was with him I quite liked another guy in the group and for a while I thought he liked me. Obviously I would never have done anything about it but now I am single I would quite like to. We were at a wedding recently and he was really friendly and I caught him looking at me quite a lot. However my ex was there and he kept glancing over. At the wedding he was telling me where he lives (an hour from where I do) is really good for shopping and he couldn't believe I had never been. I waited three weeks after the wedding and send the guy a message on Facebook to say "I finally went shopping there and fair play, it is decent. Hope you are having a good summer". He read it right away but didn't reply until the next day. This was his reply "haha well I am glad you enjoyed yourself. My summer is going good thanks- I finished up my part time job and I'm making the lost of the next 6 weeks before I go full time. What about yourself?" So I didn't read the message right away but waited a day and replied. This time I told him about my summer and asked him what he plans to do to make the most of his time left. However, now I'm worrying he wasn't in to me at all because he has now not read the message despite having been online a lot. It's been 12 hours since I sent it. Is it a lost cause?

4

Most Helpful Guy

• Why did you wait a day to read his message? Because you were nervous about what it said? He's probably feeling the same way.

by the way, when he told you it was a good place to shop, that was a subtle invitation to go hang out there with you.

Invite him to go do some activity. Do it now, before one of you sends a innocuous message that the other misunderstands, and really ruins your chances. Right now, if you want him, he's yours.

He just told you his schedule is open.

If you're too shy, tell him something like you were hesitating over some shoes or whatnot, need his opinion before you buy them. I guarantee he'll jump at the opportunity, even though he probably hates shopping and doesn't have a clue about female shoe aesthetics.

What Guys Said 3

• May be you're right in the end of your post, I don't think he was into you, I mean you can't just imagine or say for sure a guy likes you just because he looks at you a lot, that alone can't be a factor for you to say anything. Were there other signs that made you wonder if he liked you? I don't think he was into you, or let's say even if he did it could be just attraction, may be to you looked beautiful to him so he was just attracted to you, doesn't mean he likes you. By the post yes, I don't think you should give this any thought. I can't say for sure it's a lost cause, if he comes to you and talks about it then you can decide what you want to do, but until then just live your life.

• "So I didn't read the message right away but waited a day and replied. This time I told him about my summer and asked him what he plans to do to make the most of his time left. However, now I'm worrying he wasn't in to me at all because he has now not read the message despite having been online a lot. It's been 12 hours since I sent it. Is it a lost cause?"

So you waited a day to respond and are upset he hasn't responded in 12 hours?

Why not quit the nonsense and ask for his number and see what he is up to?

• "where he lives (an hour from where I do) is really good for shopping and he couldn't believe I had never been" I think that was him hinting that he'd like to take you shopping, and then you went without him :/

"He read it right away but didn't reply until the next day" How come?

"I finished up my part time job and I'm making the lost of the next 6 weeks before I go full time" He has 6 weeks off and it's the first thing he tells you, he wants you to know that he's free.

Your replies don't seem very flirty I'm afraid, guys don't like to waste their time. If you want to be with him then try and put yourself out there more, you can't just wait for him to ask you out if you're not making it clear that you like him.

Also, you said that you were all in the same group of mates. If this guy and your ex were close he may not want to date you because he may feel like he's betraying your ex. Personally I believe he likes you since he's hinting a lot.