Attracted to a short guy for the first time in my life. Girls who aren't attracted to nor date short guys, has it ever caught you off guard that you were?

I have seen good looking short men out and about but were never attracted to them. Like oh okay, he's handsome and successful but I wouldn't dare date him or give him the time of day. I just wouldn't be able to get aroused to have sex and... They just weren't my type height wise.

On Saturday I was at a friend's party and there was this guy there like 5'5"/5'6" and I was actually attracted to him and was like damn yeah I would date him! I was surprised cause that's never happened throughout my entire life! But there is a first time for everything lol. Looking at him you can tell he's the dominant type, it was rolling off him. I guess that's what helped in attracting me. I would never marry him tho.

Girls, have you ever found yourselves being attracted to a type you never thought was attractive or dating someone you said you would never date?

Most Helpful Guy

• Sometimes you can be very surprised by who you get attracted to at times.

Most Helpful Girl

• Yeah i have :)

What Guys Said 8

• "never in my whole entire life" of what? 18-24 years LOL. I was rolling when I read that. which means in "dateable" years about 2 to 8 right? LOLOLOLOLOL...

• Soo you're finally attracted to one and admit it but still say you wouldn't marry him... why?

• Cause I'm sure I would get bored with him quickly.

• The height keeps me interested. it's a daily turn-on that never gets old.

• Trust me, if you really like the guy and the more you get to know him, you won't get bored with him.

• I thought I didn't like (very) skinny girls. I thought I didn't like plump girls.

I was proven wrong.

• Why weren't you attracted to short men if you, quite literally, found some of them good-looking?

I swear, I'm never going to understand women.

• I just... I don't know... They were very handsome with great bodies but they were short...

• I don't think there is a male equivalent of that.

• So if they are attractive to you they are attractive to you, height shouldn't matter

• You are just getting more mature and wiser and you're beggining to realize that height isn't so important. You will be surprised, good looking short guys, we exist :)

• Well I'm usually not attracted to tall guys but I have dated one lol. Yeah it does happen.

• THIS IS THE VERY DEFINITION OF NARROW MINDEDNESS, OPEN YOURSELF UP GIRL.

• I can't help what I'm attracted to and not attracted to.

• But you said you have found short guys attractive so they are attractive to you. The reason you won't date them is because you are worried about what other people think and that is the reason

• So weird and shallow. How tall are you by the way?

• I don't find myself to be a shallow person. I can't help what I'm attracted to. I'm 5'7".

• 6'2" is the shortest I usually settle for. But 6ft is okay too.

• Well I think you are getting wiser and you are starting to consider guys shorter than that, there is nothing wrong with that. You need to go for a guy because you find the Guy attractive not because you want to follow what society tells you what should be attractive. Since you said you were attracted to short men before believe me, you are just trying to follow society's expectations and you are scared what your girlfriends will think, it's not because you find short guys unattractive because you do.

What Girls Said 3

• I can totally relate to this. For the longest time I used to never be into guys who were shorter than say 5'9", I might think they were cute but I wouldn't really feel drawn to them or want to date them. Then a few years ago I was hugging a friend of mine who was 5'6" and I remember thinking "hey this feels kind of nice, maybe I would like a guy this height." Low and behold the next guy I got serious with (now my fiance) was also a guy who is 5'6" and I couldn't be happier. I'm totally attracted to him and I've discovered that I actually prefer a guy around that height. When I dated taller guys I used to hate how I'd have to tilt my head back so far to kiss them.

• If i could upvote this more than once, i would lol ^_^

• Awwww. That's so sweet. The having to tip-toe, tilting and all the other stuff turns me on for some reason lol.

• To each their own lol

• Height has never been something that I have looked at. Maybe because I am only 5' tall, so just about every guy is taller than I am.

• Yup the happens to me!