How come girl's standards are so high?

Ok I'm 24, and I'm a pretty normal guy. I'm good with people and making friends, I'm a mix of introvert and extrovert. I'm not fat, I work out routinely and keep in decent shape. I keep my haircut fresh and my clothes fit and clean.

All of that is not enough for basically any girl... in my 7 years or so of searching and trying to find a girl, I haven't found a single one... what the fuck?

Is dating even real?

Most Helpful Girl

• Your standards are high yourself since you said for 7 years you keep on searching.

Basically people date to find someone that matches with them for a long term relationship and the chances of compatibility can be good or not. The circumstances can also be a factor. Girl's have standards bec if not the guy being "special" loses it's sense. Also, standards set what type of people you wanted to be who the girl thinks matches her pace in life and interests.

So keep on finding her~ Girls dream to find their "right" guy too! :)

• for 7 years I kept searching to find a girl that was interested in me, there were plenty of girls I was interested in inthose 7 years

• yup, im sure you did :)
      also, the main point (i didn't mention) is some people say that guy/girl is too picky but in actuality he/she. is just too afraid to take some risks (whatever reason it is) to be in a relationship.

Most Helpful Guy

• Trust me all girls don't have high standards. I attract girls pretty easily without doing much of nothing. Sometimes I show my best side. Show of the nice bod, the charming personality, the sensuality/romanticness, the potential for big money as well as a great home life and other times I'm a total shit bag. Walk around in frumpy clothes don't shave, sometimes don't shower, cuss and drink and yell and even make sexist jokes. Really doesn't make a difference. Girls have a list of things they think they want but that's not what they go for. Checking off that list really isn't that satisfying. Girls go for guys they like point blank period. Why they like them is extremely hard to explain. I've had girls that think I'm perfect for them when every quality they list off is wrong about me. And girls who sat next to me completely uninterested looking for someone exactly like me. I remember one girl that was into me and swore I was a genius when in reality I was just depressed and afraid of making eye contact with anyone. One girl, an uber straight edge Christian, thought I was perfect and never once questioned my irreligious beliefs or how much I liked tattoos pot and porn at the time. You just gotta remember girls never like you they like who they think you are. They might be right about you but either way you shouldn't care. Be you. Enjoy your life. Be as authentic as possible and if a girl shows up that likes you and you like her try to have fun with her and keep her happy. Nothing else you can do.

What Girls Said 7

• It's not just appearance. Maybe your personality doesn't clash well with the girls you've pursued so far. Ask yourself if YOUR standards are too high. Are you going for the hot/popular girl type who is a social butterfly? Are you getting rejected by girls you actually feel like you have a deep connection with?

• More than likely it's something you're doing. Since we don't know you and don't interact with you in real life we can't give you an accurate answer. This is something that girls who know you would be better equipped to answer. Sorry wish I could help

• Dude I seriously have no idea what your problem is, you sound like a pretty decent guy. But you know how some girls are, not always into clean cut guys which it sounds like you are, and they want the "bad boy" which I think is stupid but you'll find the right one. You could just be looking in the wrong places.

• You're so desperate just wait and you'll see that when time goes by the perfect woman for you will appear

• you're 16, I'm almost double your age. now imagine if you were in my shoes and never had anyone into you at this age

• Be patient and let the chips fall where they may

• Maybe you're the one with high standards

• Because it's their life and they shouldn't haven't to lower their standards if they don't want to.

What Guys Said 9

• "How come girl's standards are so high?" IMHO they aren't that #high if at all these days. You just can't #FILL them for some reason it seems and it is as #SimpleAsThat in my mind.

Since I can't remember the last time that I thought "damn this broad has high standards". Well unless she had those #BITCH!!! please type of 1's. Ya know the kind that only about 2% of humans could match even if they tried? ^_^ i1127.photobucket.com/.../ezgif.com-add-text.gif

"All of that is not enough for basically any girl... in my 7 years " it's pretty obvious that you don't want just "ANY GIRL" oh no you want "THE GIRL" aka the/your "DREAM GIRL" especially since you've been searching for 7 years.

I mean It is not hard to make a #girl your #GF especially if you don't care about how she looks because there will always be an abundance of lonely and or fat ugly girls just waiting for any guy to the give them the time day. And when the opportunity presents itself they'll usually jump on it.

#Looks (being fit/clean clothes in this case) don't usually amount to much in the dating field, if and when you can't hold a conversation or ya know "connect with the person that you're talking to since they'll curve you for the person that can hold a convo with them" #NeverFails.

Which is why most girls are #curving you I bet after the moment that they get to know you a little better. Cuz after 1 or 2 convos with certain girls I'll tell them "we gone be good FRIENDS mark my words". All because I felt that connection with them from the moment we started blabbing our traps all day HAHA #done

BASICALLY, you're the #PROBLEM I bet not the girls ^_^

• Dude if you couldn't get a girl in 7 years of trying then it YOUR standards that are too high. If you're fit, keep a good appearance with clothes and have something interesting going on girls will come looking for you. So something in that picture isn't right when it comes to you and women are either noticing it or you're doing something to turn them off. Stop trying to chase 10s, it's only going to mess with you when you fail all the time. Get out into social settings and just meet people, try things you've never done before and you might meet someone. The majority of my relationships started like that, I met someone somewhere and we hit it off and then we talked from there on. Nothing crazy and no commitment, just getting to know people.

• A girl asks you out. You ask her what her best features are, and this is what she says:

I'm a normal girl.
    I'm not fat.
    I keep my hair clean.
    I wear clean clothes.

How badly do you want to date her?

• Is dating even real? <--- This had me LOOOOL
    answer is: You probably are totally oblivious to the subtle signs girls send to guys. If you, as a guy felt like there's something between you and a girl even when you didn't even talk to her, then there definitely is something. Girls are way more intuitive than guys and have way more improved senses at reading body language. Some girls would hold eye contact for 2 seconds. If you look away or don't reciprocate fast by smiling or saying hi, then forget about her because you failed and she's done with you unless she's fairly confident and she really does like you.

• Maybe you just don't know how to talk to girl without them just seeing you as a friend.

• Education makes the difference.

• I suppose it just takes some people longer to find someone.

• Don't lower your standards. You'll find someone who clicks with you. As for their standards, well, perhaps you're not looking in the right places. Try looking for girls in different environments, places with girls who have similar interests as you, like class, a club, an organization, an event, etc. I know it's hard, but patience is rewarding.

• It's all about reproductive strategies.

The best reproductive strategy for female mammals is to mate with the highest quality male (s).

The best reproductive strategy for male mammals is to mate with as many females as possible.

Evolution explains all of this.

• Lol, i laughed so hard when you saidgirls mate with the highest quality males. Here on earth, go to where thereare lots of couples, sit down and look at all the guya. I see lota of ugly dudes, douchy guys, i dont see models. What about the rate of divorce and all those stats where the father abandona the mom. No, i dont really think girls date the highest quality of guys. I think its about guys who are the most persistant and most outgoing who get laid. I have a friend who not a lot of people think is attractive but manages togetlaid with lots of ugly chicks. I know a guy who is attractive but is really shy so since he never goes out andask girls out, he never gets laid. That theory where the females pick the best. males sounds nice but its not really true.

• @livefreeordiehard I never said the best looking mate I said highest quality but you're also basing it all on looks. your good looking friend doesn't get laid cuz he has no personality and that counts too you know. for some women it counts more than looks.

People also generally stay within their league and some people take what they can get i. e. your ugly friend. Why would a really good looking guy screw an ugly girl or visa versa?

In an ideal situation females mate with the highest quality male they can get. and males fuck whatever they can get.

How many times do you see a highly prized male with 30 wives? get real. You're over thinking this and taking things out of context based on your anecdotal observations.

Maybe I should've said highest quality THEY CAN GET. Would that satisfy your hair splitting?