If 40 girls message / "like" you on a dating site, how should this be interpreted?

I'm completely new to online dating, and have been there for 4 days now and already got 40 women liking me.

What are your experiences with this kind of stuff?

Is it a good response rate in comparison?

I didn't do anything to make them notice me.

I checked othe guys' profiles and they have only up to 10 women "like" them or even only around 5 , I haven't seen anyone close to my number yet O. o
and 81 have checked my profile so far

Most Helpful Girl

Most Helpful Guy

• It means you have just under a 50% success rate. But being serious, there clearly is something in your profile, or profile picture they really like. Don't get too excited. First, it is just a 'like', they don't even know you. Pick a few that seem to match your character and ask them to meet. Second, remember you're online dating. People always act differently with the protection of online masks. I don't online date because most of it doesn't really mean anything, so while you are online make the most of it and see who is willing to meet and date you.

What Girls Said 1

What Guys Said 2

• Some could be catfish, but you must be pretty damn good looking to get that many. I was in Hot or Not, Tinder and POF and I got like 5 in the space of like 4 months.

None of which showed much interest. xD
    This was in between like December last year and March.

• seems like this is the case. I actually never found myself good-looking :/

• and they are all real

• Well you must be get 40 lmao. I couldn't even get close to that in 4 months lmao.

• You need to check if they're actually "girls." Lot of fakes out there... just like here on GAG.