Should I tell her that I like her over a Facebook IM?

So there's this girl I've liked for about a year, and I don't think she knows that I like her. I think she may like me too, or at least did at some point. Should I tell her over IM? I wouldn't be asking her out or anything, just telling her to see her reaction. Is this a good idea?

Most Helpful Girl

• Dude just go for it

face to face is always better but it's also summer
    So if you don't have a number to ask her to meet up
    You two aren't within close distance
    Or you won't see each other until school starts

It'll probably be better to just get it over with
    So you don't end up physcing yourself out while you wait

Most Helpful Guy

• This is a terrible idea. Telling a girl, while hiding in the internet, that you like her? How much more impersonal do you think she deserves. I thought you said you like this girl, so show her that you do. Really show her. Ask her out on a date and if you want to tell a girl you like her, do it in person. At the very least, over the phone if the conversation comes up after the first or second date. I know you like this girl, as you've said, so prove it. You don't need to get a reaction from her. Just that smile when she realizes that she has someone out there who actually cares about her.

What Girls Said 4

• I did it online ( twice) and it didn't work. It is easy to ask someone, but it is always easy to response with a no. Try to ask her in person.

• face to face

• You teens and your little crushes are so cute

• I'm 20. I also seriously like this girl, it's not just a passing attraction

• Then tell her

• Go for it.

What Guys Said 4

• I think it's always best to do it in person. I did it twice online and it didn't work out.

• No. tell her face to face. There's nothing to lose. It may not be mutual, but it's a much more personal way to tell her. She will learn much from your expression and the way you tell her. IM or PM is the cowards way to dump someone!

• I'm not dumping her. I'm telling her that I like her

• I know! So tell her face to face. IM and PM is only for cowards when dumping as they are too scared to do it face to face.

• I see what you mean now. Thanks

• Ask her out on a date. Show her a good time. End it with a kiss. That will show her both that you like her and that you're good companion material.

• Thanks. I was just going to see how she would react, then probably ask her out right after or a day or two later if she reacted positively

• NEVER! The sooner you start making bold moves, the better chances you will have at getting dates. Trust me, as soon as I stopped being a puss with texting I started getting laid and dates all the time