Why do girls play games? what is the purpose?

Before I start I'm well aware that not all girls play games and many guys are guilty of it too. Anyway the reason I ask is my ex and I broke up, she said she needed time... She started initiating contact a few weeks back and text me saying she really misses me, wants to see me, can't belive she let me go etc... Silly me actualy sort of belived this, and we sent a few texts back and forth, she said she had time too think and wants me etc... So a few days later I ask her if she wanted to meet up and she excitedly said yes she would love to, and asked how I was, what I've been up to, seemed very intrested and keen, anyway a day later I asked her when she was next free to get together. No reply!! I gave her some space and left it. Two weeks on and I caved, I asked her again if she wanted to meet up and do something. Again no reply!

So I kinda get she's obviously not intrested in me anymore, and was obviously playing games, the real question I want to know is why do that? I was doing well getting over her then she gave me faulse hope of seeing her again and I feel Im back to square one. Why play games like that? What does she hope to gain from telling me she misses me ect? any advice and oppinions would be great :) thanks for reading..

Most Helpful Girl

• Some girls just 1) don't know what they want and 2) want what they can't have. So when she realized she could get you back she got bored and most likely found someone more challenging to talk to. Don't let it bother you just dont waste your time on her and next time she texts you, act like you don't care and be done with here to make her have a taste of her own medecine. Sorry it didn't work out just keep your eyes open and you will find the right girl.

Most Helpful Guy

• I'm sorry to hear this, but it just happens all too often. This has happened to me sooo many times that I have started to become cynical about what they say.
    You should just judge them by their actions and not their words.

Why do they do this?

Probably because 'now' there's another guy in the picture.

Or because their friends told her it wasn't a good idea. Because you know what everyone says 'never get back with an ex'. Which I think is bollocks and depends on the situation.
    All these people claiming 'it never works with an ex' please explain to me how people are married to their first love for over 60 years through thick and thin? Because they forgive and work things out, not because they trash the other person immediately.

What Girls Said 2

• she probably waasn't playing games maybe her friends were like don't text him back be strong. she could of told you something though and not just letting you be dry thats bogus!! stay strong you should change your number dude

• That's sad but there's other girls out there and she was just being a bitch and wanted to feel wanted

What Guys Said 3

• Some girls don't know what they want and are confused or maybe it could be she isn't ready to settle and wants to explore other guys in this world my ex played with my feelings like that and then i found out when she broke up with me that she was known for playing mind games with guys and the worst part is i found this out from a close friend of mine who knew we dated he said he wanted her to have the benefit of the doubt my advice is to say fuck you and your moving on because she's playing games like a 9th grader because if you allow her to play with you your feelings will get hurt worst by time

Source-Experience

• Omg when i saw the title i thought u meant video games :p and i was like "wtf is wrong with this guy?"

• Most girls are simply spawns of Satan and play these sick games because it's in the fiber of their very beings.