What do you do if your boyfriend is boring but has other great qualities? Is that enough to break up? He is a great guy, dedicated, responsible, ect?

Like I said he is a great guy but the part that is lacking for me is that he seems to have no personality. He doesn't initiate conversation, I have to do it all. He doesn't ever seem to let loose and have a good time. He is very reserved and doesn't seem to express his emotions or feelings much either.
I feel as if we are too different! I like to be social, am a deep thinker, need to be challenged.

Most Helpful Guy

• I consider myself boring. But my wife doesn't seem to mind. She likes that I'm mostly at home and keep to myself and only have a handful of friends. However I'm not boring to the point of taking her out from time to time and or trying things in bed. So depends on your definition of boring.

• But do you guys conversant well?

• She has always wanted me to talk a little more but we conversation pretty well. My wife can talk for hours though haha. I don't do much besides work and watch our kids so she knows we are not going to have 3-4 hours convos on the phone like we used to before. She knows a lot of my old stories now. But we watch and movies together and talk about that stuff so all in all we aren't distant.

Most Helpful Girl

• I think if your asking this then I think you should break up. Not that he's probably not a great guy maybe your just not compatible in a relationship.

What Guys Said 2

• if u really really love him... then i guess it'd be better to overlook da fact he's "boring" ;)

• well dumb, tempera-mental cosmo-sluts would certainly leave him... .

What Girls Said 1

• well you should because you feel like this.. otherwise it is not something to breakup over,,,, you can try and motivate him to do fun things..