What to do on first date?

What should I do on my first date with a girl. I don't want to come on too strong because this girl is a bit inexperienced with boys and a bit shy. I also don't want to end "friend zoned" or become her Buddie because that's not me. Things like compliments ( but obviously not too many), hugs (when I see her n drop her off at home?) I do drop her off at home right? Thanks for the help

How would I make her open up and laugh because she is a bit shy.

What Girls Said 1

• All of those are right.

What Guys Said 1

• Keep in mind, a first date isn't really a 'first date' in the traditional sense. It's more like an uncomfortable interview with someone you actually think is attractive. So first, don't treat it like a date, treat it like an opportunity for her to get to know you (and vise versa). One of the surest ways of not ending up in the friend zone is to make sure that it has the feelings of a date and not a hang out. You hang out with friends, not date them. So make sure after the date is over, you ask her to go out with you again. Do not say hang out, say go out. If she accepts then you're clear. Make sure you break the touch barrier as frequently as possible in a non sleazy way. This would include giving her a hug at the end of the date, but don't try to kiss her unless you are 100% certain she wants you to kiss her i. e she says she likes kissing on the first date in a conversation earlier then expects you to walk her to the door. The most important thing to remember to have fun. 'When you have confidence you can have a lot of fun, and when you're having fun, you can do amazing things.' She's not going to remember every detail of what was said, what happened or how everything went. But she will remember the feelings left behind so make sure you have fun. I don't mean be a comedian, but make things enjoyable for both of you so she can remember the emotions so when you ask her out again, she'll say, "Oh Anonymous was really fun to go out with. I'd like to see him again.' Instead of 'Oh... Anonymous was cool, but I don't know. He didn't seem like someone I really like to be around.' Have confidence and have fun!

• Great advice man!! Hey what about the fun and happy stuff with her because I obviously want to have fun too and I want her to laugh and feel comfortable but I kinda want to keep it simple with going to eat somewhere (not too expensive) and to the park (maybe) and then drop her off at home. Thanks

• One of the easiest ways of having fun on a date is to feel comfortable in your environment. I love talking a girl to the park on a date, so I always go to that park before hand just to reestablish my surroundings. I do this for most dates that I feel I might be out of my depth. Pick places you can be yourself, like a resturant you've been to before so you can suggest things, "Hey, I really like the chicken they serve here. You should get that!" Then she can feel more comfortable since she's going to feed off of your confidence. People mirror, on a subconscious level, each other's behaviors. If you're feeling awkward or uncomfortable, chances are, she is too. So get familiar with what you're doing so you have more confidence. This applies to things you want to talk about and how you behave. A date is meant to be fun, not a job that you have to do.