How can you tell if someone is interested in dating outside their race?

I like guys from every race (as long as I think they're cute) but I know people have certain preferences. Some people might not want to date outside their race or they might prefer a certain race over another. it's not necessarily racist just what their attracted to (like I said before preference). When i get crushes on guys who are not black my friends say "he probably doesn't date black girls". How can I tell if someone is willing to date outside their race? Am I supposed to yell "hey do you like black girls" or something lol. I just don't want to waste my time liking someone who probably wouldn't be interested.

Most Helpful Guy

• Most people date within their own race because it is something they are typically comfortable with. It's a groping patter found in most people that has spanned the entire history of the planet. And even though the world has become so small with planes, cars, powered boats, even with the phone, radio, television and internet, people still cluster to their own groups. In college I worked with the international community and noticed that people from certain races or cultures or countries would group, even if they didn't like each other as people. I didn't completely understand it at first, but realizing that those shared interests of language, culture, and understanding seemed to make them feel connected easier than people of other races or cultures. As for knowing if someone is willing to date outside of their own race, this comes down to the individual. Try not to focus on the racial aspect so much as their own personal interest. If a guy is interested in you, he'll show that interest though body language, eye contact, and his need to speak with you. It would be a strange thing to see a guy go out of his way to ask a girl out only to stop her half through to tell her he's not interested in her race. Honestly, I feel that it isn't people who are into your race you should be worried about. It's people that are too much into your race you should steer clear of. Some of my friends only like Asian girls, and sometimes I ask them why they're dating. To which they reply, "Oh, cause she's Asian, and Asian's are hot." I get people have preferences, but don't date someone who only cares about your race, not you as a person. The same of a person who doesn't have any respect for your race, just you as a person. Find that person who can respect you as a person and have an enlightens understand that you are a (said) race, and that just adds to your character.
    (Note: I don't want to offend anyone concerning this racial issue. This can be a hot button for some people and if I said anything offensively, I apologize head of time.)

Most Helpful Girl

• i guess one indication could be what kind of friends they have.

What Guys Said 5

• That is a tough one. I really don't know of a sure-fire method to figure this out other than to just flirt with them first and gauge whether or not there's a mutual attraction there. Most guys always think a girl showing any interest in them whatsoever means that girl wants us. Yeah, it's fucked up, but that's just the way we are. We are pigs like that... If you flirt with him and drop enough hints that you like him, he will figure out which way this conversation is going and will let you know if it's something he's willing to get on board with. Based on how much interest you're showing him you have for him, he will start giving you clues in return whether or not he's into it or weirded-out by it. THIS IS IMPORTANT, SO PAY ATTENTION : I had a black girl (well, 2 actually, but that's beside the point) who liked me, but I didn't realize it at first. She had to keep at it before I realized she wasn't just being nice, but was actually attracted to me. I never thought that she would be attracted to white guys so it took a little while before I caught on. What I'm saying is even if you are kinda flirty with him one time and he doesn't really return that interest, it may not be because he's not interested in you. It could likely be that he's just assuming you are not into white guys and he wasn't even thinking to look for your signals in that way. Don't just walk up to him and say, "Hey, I like you. You like black girls?"; but you may need to put in a little extra effort at first before he realizes you are looking at him in that way.

• You can't really know. I find that it's not necessary to go through all this determining whether a person dates 'your race' or not, if you are going to ask them out, do it. You don't even have to mention the 'difference'. It's either they like you or they don't.

Regardless of what most people say, race based dating is not a preference. Preference is saying that you have a thing for a particular feature like if I say I prefer blondes. This doesn't mean that I won't date brunettes it just means that i really like blonde hair. Race based dating normally has some stereotypical motivation beneath it.

• Some people have preferences and some simply don't have the option, my town for example I never even seen any race in person except blacks and Mexicans/Spanish people, I think once I saw an Asian fellow but that's it, so for me and other people we haven't had the chance to I guess experience other races much, as for those who have I guess just ask them -shrugs- look at the types of friends they have etc.

• It doesn't matter. To say that it matters is to say that racism exists in reality and isn't just a made up concept to put certain people down...

the real problem is your tolerance level. can you take the idea racism constantly affecting this guys mind or your mind or the people around you. it can be a lot or it can be very little but it's more than when you're dating inside your race. if you're good with it i would say go for it and dont' think about it

• I have nothing against other races. One of my girlfriend was black.

What Girls Said 1

• i don't think there's really a way to tell. but really, how do you know if ANYONE is willing to date you? there's no way to know if your crush is a "waste of time" who "wouldn't be interested" regardless of their race. so i say you like who you like, just see what happens and don't focus so much on what race they are and what race they prefer.