16 year old with a 20 year old?

the age of consent here is 16,
is it illegal for us to be together?

what are your opinions/thoughts?

Most Helpful Guy

• It is legal... barely. and honestly, that is still close enough to still be relatable I think.

i would never date that young in that age range, but I think that is fine compared to many others..

Most Helpful Girl

• if am not wrong its legal to get married at 16 (but ONLY with the consent from the parents)

What Guys Said 6

• if the legal age of consent is 16 and they are 16 then it's not against the law no matter how much older you are. If you are saying the law is cut and dry on that.
    In the UK, for example, below 16 is not allowed for sex,
    16 to 18 requires additional parental consent before the 16-18 year old can consent to sex.
    and 18+ is normal.
    Make sure you have the law correct before you proceed.

• Yes too young girls like you think it is ok.. he can get in a lot of trouble... you can get in a lot of trouble... it is very wrong.

• "the age of consent here is 16" they can't get in trouble like that. The only way they can get into trouble is if they start taking nude pictures or videos.

• The brain does not stop maturing until age 26. So until then you're not considered a 'full adult'.

There for it's normal for young women to be with guys 3-4 years older because females mentally mature faster then guys. (not all) but most. It depends on the person and situation.

If both are still mentally maturing, they can learn from eachother and grow stronger as their own individual person.

We have been together for 3 years, no problems

• Oh than in that case I could care less since you guys were together for a long time I was in a similar relationship but with less of an age gap... still I understand it.

• If the age of consent is 16, then there is no legal issue. Beyond that, I have no opinion as I don't know either of the people involved.

• it's not illegal to be together, its just illegal to have sex.

• If the age of consent is 16, you're fine legally buttttt is it moral? I don't think so

• It should be setting off a red flag in both of their heads. Why is a 20 year old, going after a 16 year old, why is the 16 year old going after someone who can not only vote but also is almost ready to drink, the 16 year old can't even get into an r rated movie yet, just think about it

• Kinda pushing it. I guess it wouldn't be THAT bad if they met when she was 14 and he was 18.

What Girls Said 5

• Perfectly ok. No legal issues at all. There are so many people here in the past that have said a 4 year age gap is nothing, so why are there so many on this question so against it. It's not a huge gap, and in a few years it will be totally insignificant. Go ahead and enjoy. Be careful not to do anything you might regret in the future!

• You're a child he's an adult. It's wrong.

• It is legal, as long as no body contact is involved, in which case it is not. What do your parents have to say about this arrangement? You should find someone your own age.

• i think it is fine

• It's illegal for you to have sex with each other.