How to ask her our, get an honest answer?

So there is this girl that's up for the summer that is occasionally at my office. I haven't seen her in over a week and not sure if I'll see her before she goes home. I really want to ask her out, but I'm not sure how to go about it. I do have her number, and I've texted her on occasion.

I plan on asking her out, but she is really shy and nice, and I want to know if she actually is interested in hanging out and she's not just trying to be nice. Although I think it would reflect poorly on me if I say something like "just tell me if you actually want to, it won't hurt my feelings"

Also, she is on vacation so I can't just set up a date and place without knowing when she's available first. We've never talked on the phone and I'd prefer to do this in person, but should I call or text? And what should I say to get an honest answer?

For what it's worth I know she had a crush on me 2 weeks ago, but I'm wondering if she lost interest due to me not asking her earlier.

What Girls Said 1

• You should call her. As for getting an honest answer, there is nothing to guarantee that.

• I'm down with calling her, but like I said she's shy and I don't want to put her off by calling her out of the blue

What Guys Said 1

• 1. Call her; do not text. You will communicate so much more by hearing each other's voices.

2. Call her and tell her that you know that she is on vacation and her time is limited but you have been thinking about her and how nice it would be to spend some time with her. Ask if she would have time when you could take her to dinner and perhaps a movie afterwards.

3. If she had a crush on you two weeks ago and thought you lost interest, a call from you will instantly revive all of those feelings.

4. If you don't do this, you will regret this for a long time. Listen to experience, son: it is easier to live with rejection that it is to live with regret. If you have any doubt about what you should do, I'll resolve the question for you. . . go for it!

5. Please let me know how this works out.