Should I Tell Her That I Like Her?

I've been speaking to this girl for like a week now and we're pretty good friends. I'll be going to school with her next year. I've tried to drop hints that I like her and she's super nice to me and even calls me babe. I REALLY like her but I don't want to make it awkward by telling her that I like her. If she doesn't like me back (I'm 50/50 on whether she likes me or not) then it'll ruin our friendship and my chances in the future. Do I tell her that I like her or do I leave it until we talk further?

Most Helpful Guy

• Either way it's gonna be awkward.. You're in a perfect situation because you're dammed if you do and you're dammed it you don't...

Situation 1: you don't ask her... Ever.. You'll regret it

Situation 2: you tell her you like her and that you should go out she says no.. Its gonna be awkward

Situation 3: you ask her out.. She says yes.. Its goingg to br awkward the first few times you see eachother

Ask her out... She seems like she likes you... But brainwash yourself to think 'shes gonna say no' then you won't have nothing to lose... And you won't get hurt

You mighy aswell ask her out

• Thanks dude for the detailed answer. I'm out of the country for the next few weeks so do you reckon I should ask her when I'm back?

• You're welcome bro

And yeah ask her when you're back :) goodluck bro!

You seem like an awesome dude if she says no (which I highly doubt she will) its her loss

• Thankyou by the way dude for mho :)

What Girls Said 4

• Let sleeping dogs lie for now here, dear. It sounds like you Both have started a special kind of 'Friendship' that could very well turn into More in Store.
    With her own helpful 'Hints' she may fancy you a bit herself with her 'Super nice to me and even calls Me... Babe.'
    Don't go barking up the tree right now. Continue to Nurse and nurture this Beguine that is Beginning like you could have a Good chance For... Romance.
    Keep in touch with her, get closer with being 'Pretty good friends.' Who knows even where this might lead over the summer and even by 'Next Year... Holding hands for everyone to see.
    Let Mother Nature do her own Reaping. No need to Overthink anything right now. These things have a way of sowing their oats and it seems you both have planted a few seeds that already have started to grow.
    Good luck. xx

• I've had that same worry, but I've also stayed good friends with guys after one or the other of us admitted to wishing we weren't "just" friends. Let her know how you feel.

• I wouldn't tell her that you like her, but I think you should ask her on a date. It usually ends better that way

• Ok thanks, what sort of date do you think? Movies? Dinner? Bear in mind that we're both 16

• Just tell her... dont leave yourself in limbo

What Guys Said 2

• If you really like her, tell her in person. Don't make the mistake of spending your time thinking about if she likes you or what could happen if she doesn't. According to what you say there is a chance that she likes you. But if she doesn't that's not the end of the world. Don't wait too long before making a move otherwise another guy will ask her out. Girls like confident guys. SO HURRY UP AND TELL HER YOU LIKE HER !! ;)

• Girls send mixed signals a lot. I would wait (considering you only known her for about a week if I read that correctly). Give it a month or so.