Never been kissed?

hey.so I am 20 years old. never even held hands with a guy.never been kissed. never had a boyfriend. I'm really outgoing and fun, I party, drink occasionally, have tons of friends, but I can't seem to find a guy. I don't know if this is normal or not. a few of my friends are in the same boat as me, and believe me, I am pretty attractive-just lost like 10 lbs (was never fat, just wanted to get toned) and everything and I have no idea why I am still single. I've been with guys before obvi and gotten close to having a guy-but no cigar. and it annoys me because I see thousands of people with bfs/gfs everyday and I don't have that. :( I'm in college-have lots of friends there-go to parties meet guys, but they never call me back, and if they do they are the unattractive ones. I don't know if I just have super high standards or what. I mean I'm on my schools dance team, I'm healthy, fit, and outgoing but can't seem to find a guy. help please!?!

Most Helpful Guy

• Okay, don't listen to the people telling you to lower your standards and date bearded nasty losers. There are some standards that are sickening, like "My future boyfriend has to be a 6'3" Ken Doll non-ethnic type with old money parents and a summer house in Martha's Vineyard", but asking for a guy who be clean-cut and non-ugly is NOT having too high a standard.

I really can't explain why some attractive people don't do well with the opposite sex. Maybe you're not good at stroking a guy's ego? Some guys just like girls who make them feel like they're the biggest player in the world; that's how some ugly girls get to be popular. If you're attractive and a bit "cool" towards the guys, maybe they think you're stuck-up or unapproachable. Guys either chase girls they think they have a shot with, or they shoot for the moon. They rarely go for a girl with whom they might have a shot with but she seems totally disinterested, if that makes any sense. I'm just trying to explain why so many of the ugly guys seem to try to go for you while the "normal" ones don't.

What Guys Said 6

• What do you mean by "unattractive" guys? What's unattractive to you, honestly?

• Um ugly guys. that have long hair, glasses, nasty pimples, paul bunyan beards, dirty guys. a guy I would like would be clean cut, fresh and smells good, in style-wears good clothes, preferably plays sports or something. short hair. etc.

• Well, there is such a thing as one's standards being too high--you can end up screening out too guys that you'd be a cool match with. That could be your problem, but I can't tell whether it is. All I'm saying is if a guy is clean cut and well-mannered (short hair, clean, nice clothes, etc.), and you can have a cool conversation with him, he's worth a shot. If you really can't see yourself being with him, just make friends with him; he might have friends that you like even more.

• Good point. thanks. :)

• i can help.

• Details.........?

• First of all I'm not a man. second, I'm not gonna add you because you could be a creeper!

• Your so ridiculous. I could be a creeper? creep on what. I have a life and I'm not a 60 year old dude looking for friends. grow up. get off your pedestal princess.

• Are you religious? Do you smoke?

• Dont smoke. not that religious. only go to churh easter and christmas when I'm required to go.

• I already told you, take things less seriously and be a little nicer to guys, but you were so busy being yourself that you didn't even hear it.

Less than an hour of chatting and you've already labeled me a d*** and a creeper, do you do this with all guys who make a small joke?

• Ok I'm seriously not that serious. for real. I actually joke around a lot. thought you were serious when you made that comment. I can be bitchy, but only when people are being stupid.so there has to be something else why these guys aren't askin me out.

• Stop being shallow and lower your standards. And I promise you'll get a boyfriend in no time. That's for sure.

Good Luck.

- Harvey D

• Um sorry but I don't date ugly ratty losers. thanks for the luck tho.

• Sorry I was wrong. Just put your self out there. I'm for sure some one will notice you.

• Duh guys notice me. just not super hot ones..and if they do all they want is a piece of ass.

• Higher your standards be a b**** to every wan and you will find a guy. Good luck.

• be a bit more flirty?

What Girls Said 2

• I say don't go searching for a guy. When you stop searching for one, that's when they seem to pop up somehow! Know what it is that you want in a guy, and focus on yourself for now. I know it's hard seeing other people in relationships (believe me! I still get really jealous sometimes). When you meet these guys (the unattractive ones) try giveing them a chance if you're up for it. You'll be suprised how attractive they actually are. My standards are high too, but I do give people chances. Also, don't go rushing to kiss just anybody. Just wait. I didn't kiss a guy until I was 19 and haven't kissed anyone for about 2 years! LOL! So you're not the only one.

• Thanks :)

• Don't lower you standards. I'm in the same boat as you.i'm 21, never been kissed,never had a bf, and I'm attractive and in great shape. it's just a matter of time before you find prince charming. have you ever seen the movie never been kissed? that movie is a perfect example.

• I am in the same situation as you and I know completely how are you feeling so just so you know YOU ARE NOT ALONE.. People say oh come on he is going to come one day bla bla bla and sometimes you feel that the sh^*$t people say may just not be true. You have to go out and meet some new people , change of style, show yourself you are a girl that knows what she is doing maybe is just that you need to have more confidence on yourself .dont let people annoy you with the kind of comments of she has never kissed a guy , look if you are happy and have tons of friends you party how you like to do it . you're just living your life , sometimes you just can't have everything at once , don't compare yourself to other girls that had many boyfriends that is completely useless