Dating/Talking to a marine? Guys and girls who know the marine life advice please? Kinda cute long story? Worth the read? Please?

I'll try and make it short. During highschool I had a class with this guy. We became friends. I was a junior he was a senior. We exchanged numbers as well. I went to the 2014 Graduation saw him we took a pic. After HS he went straight to bootcamp became a marine. During all this time he liked me and I didn't realize. So bootcamp goes by. He calls me updates me on life. Oh and he invited me to his Marine Graduation and I couldn't make that either because I was still in school. He said I'll probably never see him again (he called me one day I don't remember it was around bootcamp) and this is when I start to have feelings for him. So he has 10 day leave or something. He comes to our hometown asks me out on a date. Im like I can't. So then he leaves. He goes on the side of the United States. We are still talking we are video chat and stuff. He sent me a note and brought me a present sent it to my house. But then things got weird he was on video chat with another girl one day I didn't think anything of it. And he came back home again and we didn't hang out and I was like let's hang out and we never did. He was hanging with friends. I just didn't understand. You come home and then you don't hang with me and you go back but you said you missed me? . So we stop talking for a while. Then we kinda started again like recently like right now. I still really like him I don't know he makes me feel like I'm his girl sometimes and I like it. But he's a marine so I can't hear from him often. Should I pursue this any further? Like every time we start talking we pick up from where we left off. Like something just triggered in the past it was weird when we stopped talking. We are sorta talking again I guess he said he a big training mission what does that even mean. How do I get this to become a relationship uh I don't know I just really like him. ADVICE ANYONE. Do you think he still likes me? But it's weird because I haven't seen him since his high school graduation. Besides when we would video chat last year sometimes. Could this turn into a relationship or not even close? just PLEASE GIVE ME UR THOUGHTS AND ADVICE (:
sorry kinda long

Most Helpful Guy

• I was in the Navy and on a ship that carried lots of Marines. He's still a guy with all the guy goods and bars. The only thing that's different is he doesn't have control over his life as long as he's in. There is no calling in sick. A relationship with a military person can be very rewarding but also very hard especially if conflict erupts somewhere and he gets deployed. Even in peacetime he will go on deployments that usually last about six months. Military men and women are always training and in his case it's usually simulated war time conditions and his role in it. It takes a special person to stay in a relationship with a military member but thousands have and are doing it.

Most Helpful Girl

• im so glad you asked this question :)
    let me bother you with my sory.
    my boyfriend of a year and i were dating before he enlisted. we had been together for id say 8 months before he left for basic training nearly 1200 miles away. the first few months were fine. he was off training every Sunday so we would drive half way and meet up so we could see eachother. slowly, we stopped doing that. got to expensive. we gradualy grew apart. he was in pensacola, fl. tons of girls in bikinis and bars on the beach. he was the designated driver because he was one of the only ones under 21. so many girls would talk to him because "who wants to talk to a drunken asshole" k called me one day and told me that he slept with another woman. him and i decided that maybe we should just take a break. here i am, a year later, and we dont hardly talk because he is deployed on active dutie.
    long story short. the relationsip can be worht it, but in most cases it is not

What Guys Said 3

• Don't over think it. If you like him show him more interest. And when he comes back to yout area try to hang out with him if you like him. You giving him mixed signals. Long distance is tough to do but not impossible.

• Let that one go.

• I have never served and I have no advice but I do have a extremely respect and admiration for those who do and I war documents and country music have taught me anything its when your over in the thick of it a letter from home helps a lot I'm not saying you have to stay with or not but don't let him go to war alone and tell him thank for his service

What Girls Said 0