Boyfriend leaving for college?

I am a junior in highschool and been dating my boyfriend for about a year. It may sound dumb to say but when you know you know.. He's amazing and there's truly no one like him. He goes out of his way to tell me how he does not want to break up before college or because of it. He is going to college 1,000 miles away which makes it difficult. He says he'll pay for me to fly up because his parents will go up for his football games and he'll come home for holidays. Then after the first year he is transferring back home. Help me to understand how I should go about this and how I can make our relationship stay strong.

Most Helpful Guy

• just keep in contact and dont get to stressed if u dont hear from him as much, college is a lot harder and busier then hs.

Most Helpful Girl

• College is really difficult and really different than anything I've ever experienced. It's a lot of hard work and studying if you want to succeed. Personalities change, and social habits definitely change. If he surrounds himself with good people, you keep in contact (not obsessively because it's very difficult and kind of a nuisance), you remind him how special he is with maybe a care package or two, and you try to visit every now and then, then your relationship should not suffer. However, if he goes a little rebellious, as most boys do, he may socially drink and be around other women his age and find it a little difficult to continue to bridge the age gap and distance between the two of you. Ultimately, it needs to be a topic of conversation where you sit down and genuinely tell him what your concerns are when it comes to a long distance relationship, and how the two of you can work together to over come those concerns. The best of luck to you, and I hope my answer was of some help!

• Thank you for your advice it really helps having others inputs

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 1

• I don't know. But I'm in your shoes. And it is hard, it hurts having him leave you know?

• Yeah it's become so hard I don't even know what to do at this point before he leaves. It's hard to keep loving something you know is going to leave but all I want to do is hold on