How do I get my awkward boyfriend to be more confident with me?

We haven't been dating for very long, but I do know he can be pretty shy/awkward. He just doesn't make any move- I've had to do that. I'm just wondering if there's anything I could do to make him more comfortable around me. We've sort of had a conversation about it, but I'm not sure how much it'll help.

Most Helpful Guy

• When someone is lacking in confidence, it ultimately comes down to them making that choice. But, they aren't alone because lucky for him, he has you. Guys really need a lot of support and almost an ego boost when feeling confident from their girlfriend. Make sure you're always complimenting him, and those compliments need to be genuine. My ex always told me how good I looked after coming back from the gym. She'd squeeze my arm and look very impressed. I don't have a confidence issue, but it still felt really nice to hear. Find ways to tell him how awesome he is and how much you really care about him. I would consider getting him a present just to be nice. Then he has a reminder of how awesome he is. But make sure 100% it's something he'd like. Get him a nice watch or something to wear, not clothing. That way he can wear it and remember you gave it to him, that there is someone who loves him. Then it's easier to make him not so worried. Being awkward around someone stems from uncertainty and fear. Break it up with assurance and happiness. In the end, he needs to make up his mind about how he need to feel and act around you. Remember that you're both learning about each other and getting use to each other.

What Guys Said 2

• be patient he will get used to u in time, but try encouraging a bitt more, and drop few subtle or not so subtle hints when u want him to do something nice or things u like

• How far you willing to go

• I don't know if that has anything to do with it

• I use to be that guy and my girlfriend took me into her basement there was blindfold whips and ropes and told to do what ever I wanted

What Girls Said 0