Does age matter?

I'm almost 20 and he's 26, yet I still look like I'm 17 and we're always getting weird looks. Is age that big of a deal?

• Yes
  • No

Most Helpful Guy

• Not a big deal at all

Most Helpful Girl

• I think it matters somehow.
    Not really because what others think of it but what the two person involve think. I dated a man ten years older than me and we didn't handle it well. He always though "when I was 20, you were 10 and he felt bad about it.
    He also wanted the family and I wasn't ready for that. So, I think it matters because some couple can't handle it well.

Now, my brother is 26, his girlfriend is 20 soon turning 21 and no one has a problem with their age difference. I never really though about it, neither did my dad. They're even perfect for each other.

What Guys Said 6

• Is there really much of a difference in the way a 17 year old and a 20 year old looks? That's only a three year gap. Anyway no there is nothing wrong with that, you are both adults and both in your 20s.

• I look young is what I'm trying to establish and he looks way older than me.

• Thats fine, you can't help your genes. Some people literally look like they are 14 when they are 28. If people are gonna criticize you for the way you look then that is an entirely different problem. If they know your true age then they have no right to be offended by it.

• Yes, if your partner is 20 years older than you then they would die long before you did. Age does matter because eventually one of you will start to show your age.

• Yes it is, for other people.
    They can't accept the differences in individuals.

I generally personally prefer mature women in their 30-40s.

• no not really at all but if you look young then some might take offence to it

• Just ignore everyone else and do what is right for you two.

• No, it's not a big deal.

What Girls Said 3

• no i don't think its a big deal

• When you're a teenage it's a pretty big deal because then even a couple years can make a difference. But at your age and older, several years can make not much of a difference.

• It depends. The age difference between you and him is not that big.