Guys, What to do when he leaves because he's scared of getting too close?

There's been this guy I've seen on and off for a few years, and everytime we get close he backs away and leaves. He's said he loves me and explains he leaves when he feels it's getting to the point of a relationship. I love him too... but obviously won't chase him. What the best way I should react in this situation? Could he still like me in the future?

4

Most Helpful Guy

• No guy runs from a girl who is is truly in love with and interested in. If he keeps backing of, or runs away every time things get real, then it's quite clear he is not really interested. This also includes guys who have been hurt in previous relationships. You can only be hurt for so long before you realize that the girl you want to be with is worth the risk, and to him you are not. I'm assuming you guys have connected on a physical level (no necessarily sleeping together) but it is possible that he is interested in the physical or emotional attention but not the commitment behind it. I highly suggest you try to find someone who is more committed to you. Because you are not a second choice. You are not someone who can let a guy use you whenever it's convenient for him. When are your needs being met? When do you get to express your love on your terms? He might be a nice guy, but that does not excuse his lack of commitment. He wants all the rewards with none of the work, and you deserve better. So don't chase him or even pay him any more attention. Date another guy who is worthy of you who won't flake.

What Guys Said 3

• Unfortunately, the best reaction is to move on to someone who is not afraid of intimacy. Such people are not easily “fixed.” It usually involves learning by experience and possibly counseling over a passage of years.

Even if he is eventually viable, it will not be soon enough to do you any good. Save yourself a lot of heartache and walk away.

• He may be hiding something, love someone else or someone before you broke his heart that is 3 possible reasons, so why not ask him

• I'm going to be honest here so you may want to sit down because it most likely means he want to sleep with other chicks and is simply trying to let you down easy. The whole, it's not you it's me rigmarole, you know?