Are all girls truly sensitive?

My girlfriend is always confident and a great girl. One day i was joking around and i said "you must have gained weight, that dress doesn't fit you anymore" (when in reality she is fit and the dress still looks the same on her). Then she was like "serously? how fat do i look? should i take it off?". At this point i stoped joking around and told her that she looks the same as she did 3 months ago with that dress on. Like was what i did bad or something? it was a joke.

Are all girls sensitive?

Most Helpful Girl

• I'm not sure if all girls are, but I do feel that every person has 1 thing that they are extremely sensitive about, that they don't even like people to joke about. For me, that would be my intelligence (I have a high IQ, but I also have a mild learning disability. It's my single biggest insecurity). For my best friend, she's extremely sensitive about how thin she is. She cries when people say things like "are you sure you're eating enough?"

Anyway, maybe you stumbled onto your girlfriend's soft spot by accident. Although I actually think MOST girls would take it personally if their boyfriend joked that they gained weight, lol.

• Haha glad I read indeed! That makes a lot of sense actually. thanks

• Yeah my best friend has a medical condition where she frequently gets sick when she eats, so that's why she is so thin. She just hates the implication that she's anorexic. And I'm glad you find your girlfriend so beautiful, you should definitely tell her! :) It sounds like you do already, lol.

• of course i call her beautiful. every time i see her i say that!! :)

Most Helpful Guy

• It wasn't bad just a mistake.

What Girls Said 4

• Sounds like an immature thing to say. You have the foot and mouth disease.

• i was just kidding.

• Give her a rose. Saying sorry is not enough.

• i was going to take her out to a nice restaurant but I don't know if she will think i'am making more fun cause it involves food... so I don't know about that. I will buy her flowers. Should i go with the restaurant plan or no?

• I think all girls are self concious about their weight. You struck a nerve with her (as your would with about 99% of women if you asked them the same question). Hopefully she isn't too sensitive and will get over it eventually but telling a girl she looks like she's gained weight is never a good idea, kind of like how guys don't ever wanna hear they have a small penis, even if they do.

• i didn't think it would matter that much but the way you said it i guess it does. It was a joke and she is not fat at all. i was kidding around with her. i was going to take her out to a restaurant this weekend but i'am a bit worried that she might take that as "offencive" when really it's not. Should i ask her?

• All girls are sensitive, especially about their looks. Sure, they can ignore random haters or jealous people, but when her boyfriend, even jokingly, says something hurtful, it really hurts.

• i didn't mean it at al. She looks amazing in anything she wears and she not fat. I probably won't joke around about it again

• maybe you just caught her on a bad time

but yes id say like 90% are, and the cold/cruel ones are usually just really hurt or scared and acting defensive

What Guys Said 6

• This sir is a great, absolutely amazing question! Cause I wonder that to now. Similar situation as yours where I told a girl a joke and she totally blew up over it. I made a joke about her nose once, didn't repeat it or overdo it. Just a comment like it reminds me of something lol. And silent treatment all week tsk, tsk.

• Read my opinion and see if that makes sense. Maybe her nose is her soft spot. :)

• Ever seen Rhonda Rousey?

That bitch sure ain't sensitive.

• im sure you didn't mean to be harsh but that seems like a really stupid thing to say

• They are when it comes to weight.

• Sensitivity, properly speaking, is having finely tuned senses, being able to pick up and interpret subtle signals. It has nothing much to do with being touchy or taking offense easily. That would more correctly be called vulnerable.

• Oh and women are generally more sensitive in social situations than men. Men tend to be more sensitive of the inanimate world. I suspect this is a matter of where their interests lie.

• Sensitivity can also mean you feel things more intensely than other people. That would be the same as touchy, I guess.

• Mehhh, I wouldn't go into the weight thing with girls. I like fucking around with them, but they're really self conscious about their weight.

• yeah i noticed that one