My boyfriend is too ugly?

This sounds incredibly shallow, but I really don't mean it to be. I love my boyfriend and he adores me, but he is not that great looking. I used to think he was really ugly but a year later (aka now) he is so cute to me, and to be fair handful of people think he's cute looking too, but that isn't the point. Whenever I show his pictures to my family and close friends I see their faces turn to a cringey kind of disgust and it makes me feel so embarrassed to show his pictures, and now I just don't show them at all, or tell lies about who I am with. Mostly because they are people close to me and their opinions really matter to me. My boyfriend has started to notice me acting distant and I obviously cannot tell him why but I'm not sure what to do.

I am going to listen to all the people who told me not to give a single fuck about what my family and friends think. A certain person called @WhatHappenedBaby commented on my question and through a private chat with him I realized that people are going to talk shit all through my life and I am going to do whatever makes ME happy from now on. Again, thank you for all the help and all the effort that you put into giving me answers please do not be offended if you don't get mho xxx

Most Helpful Girl

• What you should do is woman the fuck up and ignore their reactions. You're not with him for his looks, but because he makes you feel good. If they think he's not good looking them tell them off, and pretending like someone else if your boyfriend if really sick, especially when the one you're really with loves you no matter what. Their opinions shouldn't matter because it's not their relationship, it's yours. Now start acting like the good girlfriend he deserves to have instead some shallow child.

What Guys Said 19

• You should break up, because, if you're going to let other people's opinions rule you like this, you're not fit to be in a relationship. Work on yourself, and then go and get a relationship.

• It's ok to not find him attractive, after all we all have our own taste, but what's not right is to feel embarrassed when saying he's your boyfriend, therefore you have to break up with him. You can't say you love him and then feel embarrassed.
    Make him a favor and break up with him.

• So you care more about what they think of him than what *you* think of him?

Nobody else's opinion matters so long as YOU like him.

• Are you in any way physically attracted to him?

If you're not, then I would consider ending the relationship because it's not fair to either of you.

However, if you are physically attracted to him and you love him, then I might suggest cultivating a stiffer spine and telling your family that although they have a right to their opinions, their giving these negative opinions a voice is hurting you and they should stop.

• Wait till he's in his late twenties or early thirties.

• Hahaha.

This question is funny for some reason.

• I can see why you'd find it funny tbh, but it is still a serious question

• Just don't give a toss what other people say or think. All that matters is how you see him. Does he treat you good? If so, that's what counts. If he's a decent guy, don't risk losing him!!

• That's just shitty. You care more about what your friends think that what your boyfriend thinks. It probably won't last. Leave for his sake, not yours

• It's not that I care more about their thoughts, but you must understand that it is really hurtful for me that I know people think he is ugly and nothing I can do or say will change that

• If you don't find him attractive why date him in the first place. xD

• Okay I don't get it, is it YOU who find him ugly or is it OTHER people... and you think handful of people find him cute too, bigger question if you find him ugly and unworthy why are you with him...

• the only 'ugliness' apparent here is yours

• then dump him.

• Your awful

• Have you tried change his looks?

• You made me so curious :D

• About what?

• I'm going to tell you this here IN PUBLIC since you had the audacity to speak to me in that way on private chat. I know I am not ugly because I am a teen model. Ok fine, you think my boyfriend's ugly. Cool, but blocking me because I don't think you're that great looking either? Really? Grow the fuck up. You aren't a good looking guy, but not everybody will think that. To some you may be hot. To me you weren't. If you sorted those yellow af teeth you could be ok. You also called me ugly and I did not carry on like that, but you really are a fucking idiot if you think that everyone should find you hot and then think it's acceptable to start dissing someONE special to me because you knew it was a sensitive subject. Well fuck you! I love my boyfriend and for once I am going to stand my ground and say I DON'T CAREwhat you think of his looks. He treats me so well I couldn't ask for anyone better, so you take your stinking attitude elsewhere and I hope for your sake that it changes
      Peace out!

• I haven't read sorry ahaha ugly bitch :D

• well fuck other peoples opinion. you should love him for him.

• i was in the same boat as you but not girlfriend boyfriend more friends with benefits i kinda start saying im busy and its been 4 months when i last talk to her it might been a jerk move but im glad she moved on to someone else she was just out of a 1 and a half year relationship when i met her

• It's you love him stay if you don't leave

• what a crappy girlfriend. if you didn't like him you shouldn't date him

• She does like him, genius

• @ShaeNielson she is embarassed of him, and starts becoming distant... .

• I don't know how else to explain this: How would you feel if you made a piece of art you were really proud of and you wanted to show it off, and all the people you showed it to clearly thought it was crap but tried to give you a fake smile?

What Girls Said 6

• I'm gonna sound harsh, but this is my honest opinion:
    Your family's opinion of your boyfriend counts because sometimes they can see things that are bad for you that you're not seeing through your rose-colored glasses. But in your case, your family is judging him on something that should not be part of the equation. If you find him kind of cute and he treats you well, that should be enough for them. If you actually love your boyfriend, introduce him to your family over the phone, where they can get to know how great he is without the bias of his appearance. If you love your boyfriend, when family members crinkle their noses, defend him as someone you care about and let them know you're not willing to tolerate their disrespect of him. If, on the other hand, you're going to back off sharing him with your family because you're embarrassed of his looks, I think you should reconsider what you mean when you say you "love" him, and maybe you should break up with him. He deserves better.

• If you think he's cute and you both love each other, nobody else's opinion should mean shit.

• Also, my family has insultedguys I've dated before and I just told them to stick it lol

• You should defiantly break up with him, let him find a girl who will not think he is "ugly" and will not care what others think because that is what he deserves, im not going to attack you and start saying you're shallow because i don't see the need for that but he defiantly deserves someone who will not view him the same way you do

• I'm in the same situation as you right now. I have a boyfriend who is so good to me and I really like who he is, but deep inside I do feel he is unattractive and I am slightly embarassed by his physical appearance. I'm not sure what to do either :(

• I had a crush on this boy who was below average in looks but I didn't care. My dad said he wouldn't approve because he was ugly... but then I found out he was ugly on the INSIDE Too!! so I never ended up dating him. But if he was who I thought he was and wasn't an asshole I wouldn't have listened to my dad.

• I get you, it's tough. You just gotta figure out what matters more, your relationship or the others opinions. Your boyfriend probably won't get more handsome, and people aren't gonna stop judging, so you gotta choose or let it stay the same.

• Thank you so much for being understanding