"Dating" someone you´re not physically attracted to?

So if you had a person that kind of liked you and found you hot. also you were kind of unlucky with relationships or just partners over all... would you date someone who you aren´t attracted to in a physical way and only mildly attracted to in a mental way?

give reasons why or why not or just thouhts on it please.

by "dating" i mean it was not spcifically said that it would be a date.

Most Helpful Girl

• No, I wouldn't.
    You can call me shallow all you want but a mutual attractiveness DOES matter in a relationship. If I'm not attracted to you, it's just not gonna work in the long run, if I'm only 'mildly attracted' to you in a mental way in addition to that, it's not gonna work at all.

• that´s what i think too... but everybody is trying to convince me that i should give it a chance because i might still like her.

• yeah it´s kind of strange... nut thanks. i´m definitely not going to be vague about feelings so that she doesn´t get hurt.

• well, good luck!

What Girls Said 4

• No I wouldn't, cause I don't wanna be with someone I'm not physically/sexually attracted to, and if I'm not even mentally/emotionally attracted to them, it's like the most worthless thing ever to get in a relationship with them. It wouldn't work out.

• ok so in my case i never met her before. just talked to her on a dating site and now on FB. so i don´t really know if i might actually like her in person (character wise).

• My exact situation. Have you been following me? Lol jk :)

A friend of mine asked me out on a date. I was honest and said that it would be casual dating to see if there was chemistry. We went out twice. Yesterday I told him that while I had a nice time, I couldn't see us more than friends. I gave it a go but I don't think I'll try something like that again. It seems he didn't take it so well after all and now I may be out a friend. Lesson learned.

• it´s kind of a different story with people you allready know. you can assume they are quite crushing on you allready, when they ask you out. whereas a person you don´t even know can´t like you that much yet.

• True. If you aren't attracted, don't force it. I thought to try to look past looks but I just couldn't when he tried to kiss me. Attraction is vital. I don't mean they have to be attractive but if he/she is not good looking, you have to be at least drawn to them.

• yeah... i wish i could just turn my visual preferences off :(

• Nope. I'd rather wait for a guy I want to hold on to. And I hope not to date anyone who is just settling for me.

• what if you never had a boyfriend before (even at your age).

• I guess I don't know. I had a long-celibate friend once tell me that if I ever had to go three years without sex I'd stop being picky. I guess if I were desperate I'd act desperate.

• well i´ve gone longer without sex but i don´t think i´m "desperate".

• Never ever ever... Attraction is a must not a bonus in a relationship. Normally if I find someone mentally attractive than that results in me being physically attracted to them though.

What Guys Said 1