Why do guys have such low standards these days?

I see attractive guys with fat, ugly, unfashionable women constantly. I don't understand this. When did becoming fat be considered "curvy" like you have a double chin and rolls. You are not curvy just because you have big boobs from being fat. These women dont particularily have super awesome personalities, their bitchier than me.

I have a lot of attractive friends who are super cool but lose out to unattractive women. Why.

Most Helpful Guy

• I don't know, at you age, maybe because they are easy? In my experience, ugly bitches never get dates. You are quite attractive, Im sure you have no trouble with they guys ;)

Most Helpful Girl

• Maybe they have a nice personality or they have a preference that revolves more around personality.. I'm chubby and I have a boyfriend. Most of the "hot" girls I've seen have horrible personalities. Also, remember that beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Someone who is ugly to you may be stunning to them.

What Guys Said 18

• "skinny" is not cute. there is nothing cute about being with a girl with the body of a child. nobody needs that in their life. also, your attitude is worth shi*; reasons being why most skip over you. last but not least, what you consider "attractive" doesn't matter, for the reason that-that's your opinion not their. so just put up with it and mind your own business.

• what? I've dated a lot of guys and have a boyfriend right now. A very committed one who has sad he loves me

Guess my attitude isn't really that bad eh ;)

• Totally agree! But she clearly doesn't know what curves are yet she's still 16

• I'm curious why you even care about what other people are doing in their own dating lives, especially since you were so insistent that you yourself have a boyfriend. How does it effect you if someone unattractive dates someone attractive? To me, this is the jealous ravings of a sixteen year old.

• Sometimes I think lonely people just close their eyes and grab what's there in front of them.
    You'll have to be very contented with quiet Saturday mornings and sexlessness to be picky for the right reasons.
    Which is a task both genders find to be difficult in this day and age of constant connection.

• I think everyone has the right to make their own decisions about who they are attracted to.

• "X these days" questions are getting a tad bit old.

• the less attractive girls put out quicker

easy sex with average girl > jumping through hoops to get sex from an attractive girl

• Well, now that's being a bit unfair, don't you think? Just because your super attractive cool friends are available, doesn't mean these "fat, ugly, unfashionable women" don't deserve a chance with attractive guys.

Maybe, maybe you and your friends should try making the first move on a guy.

And be more fair to the other girls, huh?

• Masculine charm is becoming rarer and rarer these days, and that is the main way that a man wins over a woman.

• It doesn't necessarily mean they have low standards. Maybe their standards just have less to do with looks. Also, attractiveness is subjective. The hottest person you've seen might be ugly to some people.

• I don't have "low standards" whatever that means but If I find a girl attractive *short hair 😍 and humorous* I will date her maybe those guys really fancy those women

• Well I have quite high standards. Maybe the others just want to get someone as soon as possible.. I don't mind, leaves the cute ones open ;)

• What do you expect from us after being blasted with "it shouldn't matter how a woman looks, she's beautiful!" Our entire lives

• BC of some rejections by cuties' like you make them uncomfortable about there looks so they start dating any girl and there's nothing bad bc at this age guys need sex 😶? Hope you understand what I'm trying to say

• Maybe. My standards are really high but maybe I'm the exception to the trend.

• not being rude but thats really shallow. what makes you thing you are better than them?

• Consistant experience with pretty girls being intensely stuck up, in addition to all the other personality defects in common with fat girls

It doesn't hurt as much to be left by a less attractive girl.

It's easier to do the leaving when she starts treating you like shit.

• Perhaps the men just prefer thicker women, or maybe they like their personalities, or both. I've seen ugly men with beautiful women and it's vexed me in a similar manner, then I just figured they clicked on some level beyond physical attraction. It's not that crazy when you think about it. People are complex beings and not everyone ascribes to the same tastes.

• yup, they have better personalities than you, cope with it... .

What Girls Said 6

• Not much to do on your summer break huh?

• Thats what they like. Get over it and mind your bizz.

• Just because you think they are ugly and unfashionable. Doesn't mean thats how the guys view them.

Maybe something wrong with y'alls personalities?

• Ur attitude sucks ass and if your friends have the same one that's why they're single! Also women with fuller bodies than you aren't fat, ugly and unfashionable, maybe they have actual hearts and their boyfriends are more concentrated on that than their body type, get a good personality and maybe you'll get a good boyfriend

• More attractive women are seen as more high maintenance to men often even if this is not necessarily the case. I also think men are more intimidated to approach women that are more attractive as well. But another reason could be maybe these particular men just happen to be attracted to larger women who knows.

• I've never seen an attractive guy with an unattractive girl.