Guys, what's wrong with dating your brother's friend?

One of my older brother's best friends (26) asked him for permission to date me and my brother said yes. We went out and had amazing chemistry but all his other mates are saying it breaks some sort of bro code so he's feeling guilty. He's worried that if things go wrong he'll lose my brother's friendship. Because of this we started just hanging out. There was sexual tension but we had agreed not to go there (although we could have very easily)... we ended up having sex again last night. I was worried about hearing him tell me he feels guilty again so I left this morning before he woke up. He says the only thing stopping him is the fact that he feels like he's doing wrong by my brother and values the friendship too much to risk it. Since agreeing to keep things friendly, he's called me twice for help when he could have called other people, it's not like I really spent any time with him before all this started (I met him twice before)

5

Most Helpful Guy

• Article 19 : A Bro shall not sleep with another Bro’s sister. However, a Bro shall not get angry of another Bro says, “Dude, your sister’s hot!”
    COROLLARY: It’s probably best for everyone if Bros just hide pictures of their sisters when other Bros are coming over.
    I'm very detailed on the bro code and though it does say that you can't do that, there is another exception: if your brother says it's alright. He already gave his consent so he no longer has any rights to be upset or feel betrayed by you or his bro if you guys date. I would hold out on sex until you're both in a relationship (regardless of the code). And remember the most important thing about the bro code, just like the pirate code they're more like guidelines to make sure your other bros aren't feeling betrayed, unsupported, or disregarded.

What Guys Said 4

• I did not like my sister dating my friend not because of her but more because of him. When you talk with your friends about dating and sex, and they date your sibling. You have heard what they said in the past. It was fun in imaginable and you see them with your sister, you keep those silly thoughts in your head.
    Now it doesn't bother me

• Nothing wrong with it if something real is coming out of it

• there is no bro code. I dont know where this shit comes from.

say you do end up with him, and the relationship goes sour, as long as he doesn't do anything to hurt you why should that ruin his friendship with your brother?

• Sister arnt technical against the bro code mom's are but he knows if he ducks up he could lose both of you also the uSally bragging will get him hit