Is this guy a jerk or awkward?

I met a guy almost 4 years ago (1st year of college) when we volunteered at the hospital. He stared a lot and tried to make conversation with me various times but im shy so i didn't say much. When our schedules changed I would run into him every now and then and he would still do the same. About a year later he ended up being in my class. Once my friend was sitting in the row in front of him and when I was walking up to my friend, he smiled at me and waved and then leaned forward in his chair. Currently he is in one of my classes and I know that he recognized me. When I was getting into my car, I turned around and he was talking to a friend but his whole body was facing me and he was smiling and kinda leaning forward. A few days later in class I looked to my right and he was staring at me from across the room. Today when class was over him and his friend looked at me a few times. When we were walking out I went up to him and said "Hi you're Tom right?" But I guess he didn't hear me and kept walking but his friend looked at me. Then I said "Didnt you volunteer at the hospital with me?" and he said "yeah I did" and he kept walking on

Most Helpful Guy

• i'd say he's nervous talkin to u... not hatin u of course.

"he smiled at me and waved and then leaned forward in his chair. "

^yeah so he didn't talk actually right? if that's so then he tried to make a move at least actually. also he gives u stares from wot i've noticed.

"When we were walking out I went up to him and said "Hi you're Tom right?" But I guess he didn't hear me and kept walking but his friend looked at me. Then I said "Didnt you volunteer at the hospital with me?" and he said "yeah I did" and he kept walking on"

^again maybe he was nervous talkin at u.. or he didn't want for his own reasons... but generally it seems like he doesn't hate u if u think so...

Most Helpful Girl

• I feel you both Need to get on the same page with the writing on the school wall and all, that somewhere along the way, time and now every Day... He was staring at me from across the room.
    He may be feeling that with the 'Various times' you didn't open up much, that it was Something else and now he is sort of putting you on this 'Perturbed' pay no mind list of his.
    Get connected a bit better and approach him once again. Begin your Beguine of being more Hep with going into More detail with a Big smile about the 'Hospital' Routine and then if you see you may now have his Attention and he is reciprocating, ask out Joe For... Joe.
    Good luck. xx

What Guys Said 6

• well it seems to be he is shy and awkward if it been 4 years that he been starring at you and it took you guys all this time to say these few words i don't think you should expect anything from this...

• i don't see anything jerkish here tbh. although his body language tells he's attracted towards u actually. see all those signs u get from him.

so ignorin u doesn't mean he's a jerk or anything... but being nervous talkin to u mostly...

• Get to know him and you will know.

• no i think you're the one thats awkward here. you never really talked to him much or responded to any of his advances so it came off as you werent interested and eventually he lost interest too.

• Looks nervous to me

What Girls Said 3

• Try talking to him.

• He is not that interested. What kind of help do you want?

• He is not interested.