Any girls out there that don't mind a guy without a big social life?

My ex girlfriend consumed a big part of my life. We dated for two years and now that we are broken up I don't really have a lot of friends. I didn't even have a lot of friends before that. I got this one guy who is a year younger than me but he goes out and drinks and parties. Just feel like I'm not about that life.. Never really was even though I constantly put myself in those situation. At this point I'm focused on competative bodybuilding and my education. I would like to meet guys who are in my same major (Engineering). I just started college by the way. That I share a common interest with. Have a nice girlfriend.. Have some fun coworkers.. etc. Am I lame for this? I'm 22 years old.

Most Helpful Girl

• that's really not an issue :)

I will admit, even though I get very anxious in groups, I'm a social butterfly. I have a lot of close friends, and I'm in a sorority AND a fraternity, so I go out and see them all a lot. I'm just a very loving person and so my close friends are like family to me, really.

my ex was pretty introverted and had maybe 1 or 2 friends he talked to on and off, and I took no issue with that at all with it, but he was often made upset by the amount of friends i would hang out with on a regular basis... so if you're like him, find yourself a quiet girl who hates people :P

Most Helpful Guy

• nah fam you aren't lame, you get me fam?

What Girls Said 5

• Not at all lame for that. Eventually with age most people settle down when it comes to partying etc anyways, and on the other hand there is a large group of people that are into partying and a large social life. So it doesn't make you lame when there are tons of people like you out there, including myself. Nothing wrong with a simple life.

• Your not lame. I think a lot of people don't have huge social lives, so it shouldn't be a problem. Plus this way they can probably guess you won't have a lot of friends that are women, so they won't need to worry about that.

• That last statement gets me. If you don't keep a girl on her toes she will lose interest and leave. You know this is the truth.

• You don't keep them on their toes like that. I would just do spontaneous things. Like a surprise picnic, or something. Otherwise they get insecure about cheating, I think.

• Not at all.. I would like him to have a few good friends and a good relationship with his family and that we could spend more time together... So don't worry 😊

• Definitely not a huge deal. I prefer my boyfriend to spend a lot of time with me and he's my first choice for company when i want to do most things so its better if he's free because i like to do a lot of things.

• Start making friends. Talk to your classmates.

Having good company is a wonderful thing. Having a friend is wonderful.

And no it is not lame as long as you are a great person.

But don't shut yourself in. Choose your friend wisely though. :)

What Guys Said 0