I'm in a very unusual situation. What is my next move?

So I've had a crush on my best friend of 4 years for as long. Well she's always had a boyfriend. It was frustrating for me because they all seemed to be going nowhere in life. Not many of them treated her the way that she deserves to be treated. She is smart and can be very successful if she chooses to do so. Long story short we both told each other that we like each other. I'm not sure what we are like we're friends but we've made out. She says I'm "her perfect guy" and I'm the type of guy that she would marry. Im leaving a bunch of stuff out due to space limitations but you get the gist. She says she isn't ready for a relationship right now. Now if she just wanted time or space I would happily give it to her. She's still my friend and I still care about her as a friend so I want her to have whatever she needs to be happy. Well last night she told me that she feels like a relationship would tie her down and how she wants to make out with strangers and go skinny dipping and get high and flirt with everyone. She says she wants to make mistakes and "whore around" before she settles down and has to be good. She feels like she needs to do all of that before she wants to date me. She says she's mad at herself for feeling like that. I don't know how to feel. I just want her. The smart creative mature funny girl I've cared for for so long. It probably relevant that I'm a fairly good it for the classic nerd stereotype. But I guess my problem is I just don't know if I'll be able to think about her the same way after she does all of this stuff. Not to mention how bad it's going to hurt watching her do it all. I don't know if I should just be supportive of everything and try not to get hurt too bad in the process or if there's something else I should be doing. I honestly just want her to be happy. I'm a little bummed that I'm not able to just magically do that but ultimately as long as she's happy then I'll be okay. Sorry for the long post. I just don't know what to do.

What Girls Said 1

• If you do like her that much, what she has done before you dated shouldn't matter. All you can do is just wait for her, but don't waste your life waiting.

What Guys Said 1

• personally i believe she just wants to do all those stuff she mentions but after she's over wid 'em she'd commit wid u i believe. so if i was u i'd just let her... since i'd knew it'd be just a "phase" of hers ;)

sometimes people get fed up for being "mature" and they wanna whore around u know...