Age you're aloud to move out without your parents permission?

say you have a girlfriend or boyfriend, and you want to move out from your parents basement and live with your S/O but your parents are stopping one of you from doing so how old you do you need to be where you live? Where I live in Ontario you can move out at 16 and if your parents call the cops saying you're trying to leave and they want them to stop you, instead the cops will come and help YOU take your self, anything that you bought or was given to you, pretty amazing, you can even legally not come home for days and there's nothing legally your parents could do other than beat you when you do get home but than you just move in to your own crib , God Bless Canada , what are the laws where you live?

Take your stuff* let me explain why the help the person who wants to leave oppose too the worried and caring parents , it's illegal for the parents to make you stay because at 16 Canada says get out on your own bitch
They*

Most Helpful Girl

• Yeah you can move out at 16 in Ontario, but I believe your parents are still your legal guardians until you reach the age of majority, which is 18. They are still in charge when it comes to school, most legal issues, and with medical decisions. It's different if you're able to get a legal emancipation - then you can completely take care of yourself and your personal matters like school and health.

Moving out at 16 doesn't make you a legal adult.

Most Helpful Guy

What Girls Said 5

• 17 years old here in Michigan it depends on what state I think you live in you are allowed to move out, but it could be nation wide 17 in the United States of America any ways I ain't sure about any where in Europe though from what I read in Europe in the English empire women were only allowed to move out when they were married it may have changed since the 1800s, but that's just from what I read so I'm not exactly sure.

• 18, I think. But I'm pretty sure there's a paper that exists that you can sign, claiming you're able to take care of yourself and you choose to separate from your family at 15. But I don't know if that is just a signature or do they check.

• Here, you can do that if you're 18.

• At 18 you're an adult in California.
    xD

• They pretty much own you until you're 18.

What Guys Said 3

• Its 18 in the U. S. as long as you're out of high school

• 18 years old here in the US but that would depend if I had a job and a place to stay.

• You can't do that here when you're 16... Iowa.