Am I weird because I hate dating?

I am 25 and I don't date at all. In fact, I hate it. In my entire life I have found dating and romance overrated. I can't ever see myself falling in love, I don't think I'm capable of it. I have been asked out and the women offered to pay but my answer is no each time. To be honest, I want to do those things.. just not with a woman. I just prefer doing things by myself. I know I sound crazy but I'm being myself. Am I weird?

Most Helpful Girl

• No not all. Well then again maybe. I'm just the same way.

I don't like relationships. I tried it out and it's just not for me. Maybe it's becuase I'm young and maybe I'll change my mind but it will be a long time until I do.

I pretty much like all the things about dating or having a boyfriend I just rather be single while doing it. Going on dates are fun, flirting is fun, etc. But as soon as you're tied down that's when it begins to suck which is why I prefer to be single.

Most Helpful Guy

• If you're asking if you aren't following the general norm of the human population, then yes, you are weird in that sense. But does it mean that you are weird just because you aren't interested in dating at all, of course not. Not every person on the planet is the same and it ranges from favorite color to dating preference. Your dating preference is that you don't really have one since you'd rather do things alone. The reason so many people are dating other people is because they don't want to be alone and spend time with someone. You don't have this issue of wanting to be with someone, so in essence, it's perfectly normal that you aren't interest in dating. Clearly you have tried but it just isn't your forte. Now, had you said you've never dated and still felt the same way, I would suggest dating a little bit before coming to that conclusion, but it seems like you've already explored that option. Remember to be comfortable with who you are as a person, and accept that you are amazing as you are. You don't need to be defined with who you are dating, what your relationship status is or if you are making the most of your life with someone else. Be your own person, which it's clear you are.

What Girls Said 2

• It's not weird. Some people like to be by themselves. And you're not obligated to be in a relationship.

• No not at all each person is different and props to you for doing sexy all by yourself! :)

What Guys Said 3

• Doesn't sound weird - Some people just not into romance thing

• Do you think you might find yourself on the Asexual spectrum mate?

• I also hate it. I could see myself falling in love though, I'd just like to skip the dating.