Is it ever a good idea to give your boyfriend space?

I just feel that my boyfriend is always busy so I felt maybe I just need to give him space and time to miss me rather than telling him over and over again we dont spend enough time together or talking on the phone and then he does it. I just want him to do it on his own without me having to complain first. So back to my question, Should I go ahead and stop calling and texting him and wait on him or should I just continue what I have been doing and hope he gets it together soon.

Most Helpful Guy

• Everyone is different. Everyone needs some space and time to themselves. But how much space they need varies a lot. An important part of a relationship is knowing how much space to give the other person. You have to know when to let them do their own thing.

On the other side, you have expectations for the relationship. How much time do you want from him? That also varies a lot from person to person.

You have to weigh the two sides and decide if it works for both of you. You both have to give a little and sacrifice a little. But you also have to be honest with yourself about how much you need and what is acceptable.

If you are telling him over and over again that you want to spend more time together, and he's not responding, then it sounds like a problem.

Also, if you back off with the intention of getting him to miss you, that's what's called playing games. That is NOT good.

For the question should you stop calling/texting him. I'd say do what feels natural and right to you. Stopping it can backfire. It might make him think you aren't into him any more.

Bottom line is that if he needs more space, then you have to give it to him. The real question is whether that's ok from your side. Also, maybe reading between the lines a little. Are you sure he wants more space? Or are you just guessing?

Most Helpful Girl

• Maybe it is a good idea to let your boyfriend breathe a little. He can't help that his life is busy. You know what I think you should do? While he's busy, get your busy. Go hang out with friend. Do a family night out. Go shopping. Dont be afraid to get busy like he does. Don't be trying so hard to get his attention is he has his hands full. Instead, lay off the communication and go do something for yourself or with friends. Go out and have a good time!

What Guys Said 2

• You can see if he "comes around" and if he doesn't, it's safe to assume a lack of interest. Some people just don't have the time for a relationship.

• Yeah I would give him space by not calling him or texting him. If he really cares about you he will notice right away and will go out of his way to talk to you.

What Girls Said 0